Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Help Me Please (It will just take a second)

liveinasiablog
Trust:

Help Me Please (It will just take a second)

I have a YouTube video on my site...

http://www.makeenergynow.com/diy-wind-generator-plans/

I live in China and YouTube is banned here.

I can usually use a VPN to get around this, but I can't get this video to play. Now, I'm not sure if the link in the video player is bad or if the Govt. is successfully blocking it. Will you please go and click on the play button and tell me if it works.

Thanks so much!

Ryan
kajm
Trust:
Hi
I couldn't get the video to go. I'm using chrome.

Good luck
liveinasiablog
Trust:
Thanks Kajm....appreciate the help!

Does anyone know if a YouTube uploader can block someone from linking to their content and showing it on their site?

For example, I linked to a video on YouTube. It was made by the Discovery Channel. The video was on the YouTube Discovery Channel page, so it was not pirated. They uploaded it to there own channel.

Then I used a YouTube video player to show the video on my site. It worked. Now is does not work. Could they have blocked me from sharing that video on my site?

Thanks,

Ryan
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Ryan,

I couldn't get the video to play either. I took a look at your code. I'm not seeing the YouTube embed code, which could be because you have it in through a plug-in. If this is the case, make sure that the code you need to link to your video is correctly entered as any error in this code could cause your video not to play.

The reason I looked at the code is because I was going to try to go to YouTube to see if it played there. If it played there, then for sure it would be an error in the code. But since I can't see the YouTube reference (I searched for both "embed" [which I found one reference to Amazon] and "YouTube", but couldn't find the video reference. That could be because it is behind a redirect link, though) I can't verify that it is playing from the YouTube site.

Maybe if you could PM me with the YouTube link (or post it here if you're comfortable with that), someone could make sure it is playing from there.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Ryan, that could be possible. Some videos are set to not allow embedding. But, if that were the case, usually it will still put a pic up and if you tried to play it, it would tell the user so.
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
The video isn't playing on my end either. I believe this has something to do with the embed code. Most flash player plugins require you to enter the unique ID for the Youtube video you're trying to embed on your post.. For example in the Youtube video *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1UujvbuiqM*, you need to enter the video ID M1UujvbuiqM on your embed code so that the player will be able to locate it from Youtube.com when the video is accessed/played. When I checked the code, I did not see anything that resembles a Youtube video ID.

Or it could also be that the video uploader has the disabled embedding as mentioned by Gady. But most of the time when this happens, a message that says 'video embedding has been disabled' will appear on your player.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

kakaboo
Trust:
Stop getting so hung up on Youtube, there are tons of other free video uploading sites that will allow you to upload and embed your video on your site.

Or even best, host your own videos on your own hosting account!
mknight
Trust:
So, why are you trying to use the flash player plugin? Why don't you try to embed the youtube video directly.

Like kakaboo said, you could also try vimeo or metacafe to host your video.
johnbristow
Trust:
I cant view it through Google Chrome. If it were me I would just try embedding the Youtube code without the plugin to see if that works. If it doesn't then that's a pretty good indication its outside of your control.
Geek Face - Solving The Technical Headaches of Blogging & Internet Marketing
http://www.geekface.co.uk

39moose
Trust:
liveinasiablog wrote:I have a YouTube video on my site...

http://www.makeenergynow.com/diy-wind-generator-plans/

I live in China and YouTube is banned here.

I can usually use a VPN to get around this, but I can't get this video to play. Now, I'm not sure if the link in the video player is bad or if the Govt. is successfully blocking it. Will you please go and click on the play button and tell me if it works.

Thanks so much!

Ryan

Have you tried iPlayerHD.com?

This topic was started on Feb 17, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.