11 Aug 09 6:51 pm
Actually, i figured it out on Goggle Analytics. If you like, you can filter out the clicks based on IP addreses. All you do is add the IP addreses that you want excluded and GA won't show those clicks. For anyone interested, the steps are:
1) In your Analytics account, go to the domain you want to add this to, and click on,"edit".
2) Then go down to "filters applied to profile," and click on "add filter."
3) For "Filter Name," just put whatever you want that will help you remeber that it is that filter. I put "Exclude these IPS from Clicks." Something like that.
4) Then, under "Filter Type" open the dropdown menu and click on "Exclude all traffic from an IP address."
5) In "IP Address" field, you will need to put the IP addresses in a certain way. NOTE:
If you don't know your IP address, then go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/
and when you get there, it will tell you what your IP Address is.
6) So if you IP address is 66.546.90.1, will need to be put in like this: 66\.546\.90\.1\.
So that's it. There is also a way for you to put in a range of IP's if you wish. Hope this helps...