Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Frontpage or Ewisoft?

lunatunes
Trust:

Frontpage or Ewisoft?

Hi Everyone :)
Just wondering which one would be better.
Is it worth spending the extra money for Frontpage.

A Few Things To Consider:
I'm a newbie but plan on seeing this business through to it's successful end.

But as a newbie I dont have a ton of extra cash although if need be I could swing it.

Also, if Frontpage is the one to get in the long run then I'm thinking, "why spend time with the learning curve of Ewisoft and then have to do it all over again down the road with front page if Front page is all I will need for a while.
Any suggestions??
Randy
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Personally I wouldn't buy either.... they are both garbage lol BUT with that said, if money is a constraint that is understandable.... the "long run" program as you see it, is Dreamweaver. Download the free 30-day trial of it and play around with it.......... it doesn't have that bad a learning curve like some people say........ try to get as much free things you can and learn with them before you spend your cash.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I'm with Adrian on this one. If you've going to make an investment in some software, it should be dreamweaver. I used frontpage a bit when I first started, only because I already had office, and I don't think it's too bad, but dreamweaver is definitely the best.

One I've heard good things about, although I've never used it myself, it www.nvu.com . It's free and supposed to be pretty good.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
cdidcott
Trust:
Dreamweaver definitely.

30 day trial is good.

Limewire is good too :D
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
cdidcott wrote:Dreamweaver definitely.

30 day trial is good.

Limewire is good too :D

Limewire is nice yes.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Hi Randy,

I've got to cast my vote for "neither" too - I never heard anything good about either one. Dreamweaver is the standard that all the others are measured by, but pricey to be sure. If you're a student or have a student in the house you can get a significant discount at one of the student software stores.

I've tried Nvu and another free one called First Page , which I still use. I have been noticing the latest version has been crashing on me a lot so I will be switching to DW soon.

PC
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I think once you've learned one WYSIWYG editor, switching to another one won't be such a steep learning curve. It's a matter of knowing exactly what you *should* be able to do, and then finding the corresponding option in the new software.

You could give a free software like Nvu a go for a while, then once you're reasonably confident with that, try shifting to the Dreamweaver trial. If you just jump straight into the trial you might find Dreamweaver to be a little complicated, and you'll spend your 30 days learning the basics when you should *really* be seeing if it's worth the big dollars.

You can also take a peek at the bazillion free HTML lessons out there on the internet. http://www.yourhtmlsource.com is really good. If you know a little about what's going on in the background, you won't be thrown so easily by complicated software.

Good luck!
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

lunatunes
Trust:
Thanks Guys! I'll go with Nvu for now. I'm assuming it's better than
frontpage. Just so you know, I'm not sold on frontpage. I know nothing
about it or any of them for that matter. I just heard it mentioned a few times
as I was criusing the net. Plus....Nvu is free.

I read this on there website....should I be concerned??

"Because Nvu is open source and anyone can contribute code, in time, it could be available for a number of operating systems, but the focus of the project is really to bring an easy-to-use, quality web authoring system to Desktop Linux."

Mark, you mentioned Html. I didn't think I was going to have
to learn that stuff being in this business. I guess I was mistaken huh?? :cry:

I did read the other night that you need to know some to place adsense ads...hmmm
Blessings,
Randy
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
lunatunes wrote:
[color=darkblue] Mark, you mentioned Html. I didn't think I was going to have
to learn that stuff being in this business. I guess I was mistaken huh?? :cry:

This entire business is HTML.............

Adrian,
lunatunes
Trust:
Yes, but with all the wysiwyg.......well you know what I mean.
Randy
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
You can only get so far with what you see is what you get :)

Adrian,
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
"Because Nvu is open source and anyone can contribute code, in time, it could be available for a number of operating systems, but the focus of the project is really to bring an easy-to-use, quality web authoring system to Desktop Linux."

That simply means that the initial aim was to build a wysiwyg editor for Linux. Since there is a version now for Windows as well, we can only assume that the "in time" part has actually happened :)

It will always be useful to know some HTML, even if you have a wysiwyg editor. Simple things like knowing how tables work (in my opinion the most convoluted part of everyday HTML and the things most likely to throw your layout out of whack) and knowing what you're capable with using CSS will be very, very handy. It also makes SEOing your site just a little bit easier.

You're bound to absorb a little along the way anyway, I wouldn't worry about it too much. But don't be fooled into thinking you can avoid it altogether! Not just yet, anyway.

regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

lunatunes
Trust:
Thank guys,
I'm actually pretty excited to learn html.
To what degree, I dont know.
I already started reading that site you posted Mark. Very COOL!
And thanks:)

Blessings,
Randy
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I found the best way to learn a little html was to open up a WYSIWYG editor and open the html in notepad or something and just play around to see what it does.

I hate writing code, but editing stuff is usually straightforward.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
erwin
Trust:
I have been using FP for years and I liked it the most, it's the most easier and intuitive to format the HTML layout. I tried to use NVU for a couple times when I worked on computer with no FP installed and it's really a pain.

With the released of MS "Expression Web", which supersede the FP, that's mean no more FP. I downloaded the trial version and I don't like it as it automatically added the class whenever I did some formatting, and it get extremely slow when the HTML file become big...
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Have you ever used dreamweaver erwin?
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
erwin
Trust:
I installed the trial version of Dreamweaver before, tried it for 2-3 days and then uninstalled it. I found myself can do more quicker and better with FP as I'm more familiarize with it and there's no point for me to learn another new tool to do the same thing that I can do with FP immediately. I normally will optimized the HTML code in text editor if I'm free.
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
I have only been at this for a short while,but I feel I must mention that xsite pro is a possible alternative.I would love to be able to afford dreamweaver someday,but I went with xsite pro because of the cost and the good things I heard about it. I have made 3 sites so far with it (in my signature) and it is very simple to use and you do not have to be overburdened learning html at first. I am learning that slowly. They have a great forum where you can get a lot of help,much like here at Affilorama. It is limited in what it can do,but so I am I at this point.It is not everything, but it is a good start.Something to consider.I offer my affiliate link here:

"http://www.xsitepro.com/cmd.php?af=480501"
Last edited by sydney on 25 Oct 11 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link removed

lunatunes
Trust:
Has anyone used Namo Web Editor???

I completely forgot that about 7 years ago I bought there 3.0 version and
never did a thing with it. I still have it along with the serial # and product id.
I can upgrade to the newest version for $49.

It would be great to hear that someone is using it and likes it:)

Blessings,
Randy
lunatunes
Trust:
Please check this web builder out. It seems pretty awesome for a newbie.
Has anyone heard of it. It's called design dashboard.

This is the link to the site
: http://www.designdashboard.com/

And here's a video review:
(broken link removed)

IT sounds too good to be true :?

Blessings,
Randy
Last edited by ampie g on 27 Jan 10 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link removed

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
It has a great sales letter, but I've never heard of it before.
www.SixDayWeekend.com