Joined: 05 Sep 06
17 Dec 09 3:53 pm
before you do anything, make a copy of the original file. You always want to have a back-up copy in case your theme "breaks" - I usually just rename the file to save it. example:
1) open the file your going to be editing in notepad, dreamweaver... whatever editor you're using.
2) rename the file and save it to your server. ie: style.css becomes 1style.css (tip: I use the number one so the original is easy to find if I need it)
3) open the file again and this time save it and re-name it the original name and save it to your server. In this case style.css
4) you now have two stylesheet files one named 1style.css and one named style.css - at this point they contain the same code, the file named style.css is the one you are going to edit, the 1style.css is your backup copy.
5) make modifications to your style.css file and save it to your server. In your case you're trying to modify the headline in your header right? post the snippet of code for your header here and I'll try to make suggestions. Maybe someone that is using the same theme can help too.
as an alternative, PM me your URL and I'll see if I can direct you better.