Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

feedback requested: new adult affiliate directory website

adultonly
Trust:

feedback requested: new adult affiliate directory website

hi there,

I am not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this, so please do feel free to point me to a better place, or move my posting directly.

I am running a bunch of adult websites together with some friends, and we found it somewhat hard to find good affiliate programs and networks for such sites, especially given that Google AdSense is not really well suited for this type of business.

While there are obviously many lists on line, we were hoping to find a list completely driven and maintained by fellow webmasters who run the same sort of websites.

Ideally, we are hoping for people to vote for their affiliates of choice, so that the most popular networks get a corresponding rating.

Thus we have recently started a corresponding web site and would like to ask fellow webmasters to add their own recommendations to the site.

The whole site is based on the pligg CMS so it is fairly easy to get started.

Obviously, affiliate programs and networks can also register to add their own products and services there.

Depending on whether this turns out to work or not, we have a bunch of changes scheduled. At the moment everything is still "beta" so to speak, but there are more features going to be added if other people should also find this useful.

Obviously, this is only going to work if other people add their own recommendations to the site.

Even if your affiliate program or network of choice should already be listed, please do make sure to leave a vote, so that other webmasters can easily pick good partners.

We would appreciate your feedback regarding this, so that we can incorporate new feature requests and ideas step by step.

Please also leave a short note here if you would possibly be interested in helping reviewing entries submitted to the site, so that we can keep it clean off spam.

Please check out the site and give us your feedback

Thank you very much & all the best

-adultonly
adultonly
Trust:
Oops, I am sorry - I obviously forgot to post the link: www.adult-affiliate-directory.info

Please let me know what you think, thanks

- adultonly
blogpressseo
Trust:
Wrong Place Mr.
Automatic BackLinks - http://BlogPressSEO.com Wp Plugin always 100% FREE

adultonly
Trust:
Well, thanks for the info (I guess...). But that's not really all that helpful if you don't tell me which forum would have been more appropriate. And like I said, I am fine with moderators moving my topic accordingly.

Thanks

- adultonly
submp3s
Trust:
Sounds interesting and I think it can work in two ways - being useful to you, and also making you money, possibly through advertising, or by inserting your own affiliate links so you get 2nd tier commissions if it grows and actually gets found...

some possible improvements:
- make it look better, it looks too generic.. just like a blog.. skin it better and add some colour / custom graphic
- approve your pending list
- the first step on submitting anything says it is "news" i.e. submit your news article - change this text to be descriptive of what the site actually is :)
- target the right keywords - see what people are searching for - it may well be so sorry if they keyword you want to target really is "adult affilaite directory", and I haven't checked this so it might be, but I would of guessed other terms like "adult affiliate programs" might be more popular....

p.s. I added my own site to it :P
peterwilliams344
Trust:
That is very interesting indeed. I would love to find out more.

This topic was started on Oct 18, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.