Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Feedback On My Site Please!

el_kraken
Trust:

Feedback On My Site Please!

Hi, i really would like some experts tells me WHAT i´m i doing wrong, i have a domain name and site (http://www.vacacionesytours.com) with :
1.- 2 years old
2.- A great joomla template
3.- About 40 great articles
4.- a Blog
5.- a Forum
6.- RSS
7.- 1 follow backlink of 5 PR and several of 2 and 3 PR (and have 0 ZERO, NADA NOTHING PR for me)
8.- it´s being optimized since a time ago
9.- Robots file ok, let googlebot go in with arms wide open
10.- Redirects from every thing to WWW (htaccess fixed)
11.- loads in about 4-6 secs.
12.- Google Analytics
and many more things i don´t remember right now,

The point is that i have an average of ZERO to 9 or 10 visits in my best day, while my sister has an article in blogger with 1 yeard old, no SEO no NOTHING else in a year but 1 article and has about 40 visits a day. so WHAT is going on? can somebody please help me?
Thanks for your support.
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi angelnewsletters,

I'm sorry, I had to move your post to the more appropriate section of the forums.

I visited your site and it looks good. I thinks it's a bit "busy" in that there's a lot of information on the homepage. There's just too much to go through and it could be overwhelming your visitors.

How many backlinks do you have on your site? Are any of them going to the articles? I suggest you look at your backlinks and keep on creating more. I suggest you participate in social media sites as that is one great way to get traffic to your site.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

mark schaaf
Trust:
I believe what it could be is the subject, I too have a travel site and I get between 30 and 70 hits a day but they are scattered all over my site because of the different subjects on the site like the hotels page and the cruise page and so forth and of course if you have google analytics you can see what keywords people are using to find your site. It could be as simple to what keywords you are using in the articles that most people are looking for. As I said I get a good amount of hits a day but because I know people don't book vacations the first time they go to a site that they will have to come back for me to make any sales. Even with the number of return viewers I have If I sell something once a month i am lucky. I just keep going at my site because I know this is a very tough niche and I hope that some day it will be big and make me good money. I also know it takes a while for people to trust travel sites that aren't travelocity and expedia and all those big places. So it is tough to look at your site and be able to really pick out what could be a problem just look over your keywords and see how they do in over all search results.
Mark

el_kraken
Trust:
Thanks for the feedback Mark, you are right, this is a very competitive niche, and Big Brand names like expedia or others are getting most of the traffic, my idea is to have articles of places, more like a community, so people start trusting in my site, so people load up pics and opinions, tips, and search for answers in my forum, so i start making some articles but are articles few people looks for, so i think i will have to start writing kind of a hot content about beaches and places you know what i mean, BTW it would be nice to take a look at your site, im in mexico anyway lol, and is a spanish site, a travel community in mexico for mexicans.
Thanks again and see you around here.
mark schaaf
Trust:
One thing I think you must be careful about is that when you are writing your articles that people don't get the idea that you are an information site. I think that is a little of what happens with my site because people land on many of my pages because many of them are on page one of google, so people are looking for information about something find my site and read the article get the info they wanted leave and never come back. This happens even on the many pages where I have banners and text links as well as mentioning to them about going through the people I recommend for making there reservations. I don't put the link to my site on my comments because I don't want them here to think I am using it for a link so if you want to see my site just click on my name and go into my profile page and you can find it there. Mark
Mark

el_kraken
Trust:
It´s been a while since you have been trying mark, a few years, that mean you are sticked with travel niche, i´ve been looking around about affiloblueprint , have you tried it before? have you ever consider starting in promoting clickbank products? i´ve been studying the affilorama lessons and they say a lot about clickbank, so i´m taking a look at it and it really does not look so bad, so i think i´m gonna try, i think i will finish this free lessons and i´m gonna try the affiloblueprint stuff, and try out clickbank, but at the same time everything i learn put it on practice on my travel site. i think that´s what i´m gonna do, if you already have tried affiloblueprint, please let me know what was your experience.
Thanks mark for your support, i hope you get a lot of conversion today and forward.
mark schaaf
Trust:
angelnewsletters, I have I think 6 or 8 other sites I think I have 5 things I am promoting through click bank and a couple physical products. I sell something here and there but not much, when I started them I was doing ppc and was making just about what I was spending so I stopped doing the ppc. I read where if I wanted to do something really long term you have to put together pretty big and something you are really interested in so that is what the travel stuff is for. I still do the others but they don't make much but I don't really spend the time I should on them. I have looked at almost all the free info from this site and think it is pretty good but I haven't really been in the position to join and spend money each month on the membership. I don't want to say i am leery but I have tried a few pay things learned a lot but the all seem to leave just what I think I need to know in order the make the difference I think to make good money. Til then I am doing the travel thing and am planning on maybe a couple E books as well as putting together some squidoo lenses for my other sites to try and get more traffic.
Mark

This topic was started on Jun 08, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.