Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Expanding Pet Care Site To Related Niches

roger7
Trust:

Expanding Pet Care Site To Related Niches

Hi,
I am a newbie to Affilorama and affiliate marketing though I have been involved in content marketing for many years.
We have a site that has been used to promote a pet care business in London, UK for the last fifteen years. The business trades as Cats, Dogs & peace of Mind but the site merely uses the business;s trading initials.
However, it is well known to the local London pet owners.
I now want to expand it into associated pet care related affiliate niches - dog training etc - and promote it world-wide.
The site needs modernizing anyway but what is the forum's advice on using this one site as the basis of launching into associated niches globally.
I am keen to build on the trust that the business has already built up as I think this is worth its weight in gold.
Can anyone foresee any down sides in this approach?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards
Roger
London, England
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Roger,

There are plenty of pet-related products and services that you can promote on your site so if you want to branch out to a related niche like dog training, for example, you may do so.

What kind of content do you have on the site? You can streamline the content so that there's a bit of everything : caring for pet dogs, caring for pet cats, recommended dog and cat food, training for animals, etc.

If your site has an existing readership, then you can easily turn it into an authority site on pets.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

roger7
Trust:
Hi Cecille
It has been a while since you kindly replied to my earlier enquiry about expanding my site to cover other pet related areas like dog training.
I am concerned that I may be going down the wrong road. I asked a fellow affiliate who is very successful whether one website could be used to promote more than one niche - for example from dog walking and dog training through cat and dog grooming and looking after cats and other pets including chickens - and he replied "Seems to me you're not focusing at all and trying to cover too many topics. Cats to dogs to chickens. This is all over the place. Sure they are all pets but different people have these pets. Most people are either car OR dog people. Most are not both. Most those people don't have chickens. Focus on ONE and REALLY nail that topic. Cater all your content, product recommendations and marketing messages to these very particular type of person and you'll do well. Trying to cater to "everyone" actually ends up with you catering to no one."
Should I break my website up to create new ones that specifically target each of these areas or should I stick to my guns and continue to develop a fully comprehensive pet related site. My URL is www.celebrate-pets.com and everyone's views and comments would be gratefully received.
Best regards
Roger

cecille.l wrote:Hi Roger,

There are plenty of pet-related products and services that you can promote on your site so if you want to branch out to a related niche like dog training, for example, you may do so.

What kind of content do you have on the site? You can streamline the content so that there's a bit of everything : caring for pet dogs, caring for pet cats, recommended dog and cat food, training for animals, etc.

If your site has an existing readership, then you can easily turn it into an authority site on pets.

cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Roger,

I suggest you start small. Focus on one pet - either a dog or cat - and build your current site on that. Start with everything about dogs. You can further narrow it down to a particular aspect of having a dog - dog training, dog grooming, or diet/nutrition.

By the time you have exhausted the dog niche, you would have gained a wide readership. You can then move on to cats, or to any other pet.

Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

This topic was started on Dec 29, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.