Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Dynamic Linking - placing of rel="nofollow"?

kashcheck
Trust:

Dynamic Linking - placing of rel="nofollow"?

Hi guys,

Just wondering are there any difference in the following examples with regards to the placings of rel="nofollow"?

1) <a rel="nofollow" href="xxxxxxxxxx.html" class="link2">
2) <a href="xxxxxxxxxx.html" class="link2" rel="nofollow"]>
3) <a href="http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com/" class="link2" rel="nofollow">
4) <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com/" class="link2">

Are they all consider as dynamic linkings?

Thanks,
Theresa :)
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I'm pretty sure theyre still static links. They just won't be followed by a spider.

I think dynamic links are javascript based.

I don't know what the differences there are, maybe put them into a page and see what they do??
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
kashcheck wrote:Hi guys,

Just wondering are there any difference in the following examples with regards to the placings of rel="nofollow"?

1) <a rel="nofollow" href="xxxxxxxxxx.html" class="link2">
2) <a href="xxxxxxxxxx.html" class="link2" rel="nofollow"]>
3) <a href="http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com/" class="link2" rel="nofollow">
4) <a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com/" class="link2">

Are they all consider as dynamic linkings?

Thanks,

Hi Theresa,

It does not make a difference where you place the rel="nofollow" tag as long as it is in the first part the<a ......>

Also, those links are all static links. A dynamic link would be javascript or flash based.

Adrian,
kashcheck
Trust:
Oh..i see. I read from somewhere that the rel="nofollow" attribute is a way to implement dynamic linking so I thought they are dynamic links. Thanks for the clarification. Good information.

Thanks,
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
kashcheck wrote:Oh..i see. I read from somewhere that the rel="nofollow" attribute is a way to implement dynamic linking so I thought they are dynamic links. Thanks for the clarification. Good information.

Thanks,

Whoever told you that is way off. Just follow the advice here :)

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yep, me and Adrian never get anything wrong :P
www.SixDayWeekend.com

kashcheck
Trust:
Sure guys, I knew I could count on the advise and information given in affilorama.

Thanks,
kashcheck
Trust:
Hmm..by the way, I have 1 section with 6 pages of articles on my site at the moment. I will be adding in more sections (more specific topics but under the same broad subject) in the future. I'm planning to add another 9 more sections and completing each section 2 weeks at a time.

Is it fine to carry on with web directory submissions as of now?

Thanks,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Of course :)

No reason why you can't add it to directories because youre adding content.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

kashcheck
Trust:
Oh..great. I thought by adding in the different sections to the site will be consider as under construction. Hehehe.. :P

Hmm..What's the recommended number of submissions to be done daily? Is there a limit number of different web directories submissions per day for the site as in not to violate on any kind of rules?

Thanks,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Nope, just about every decent site on the web is always adding content. They just mean sites that are blank and have "under construction" on them.

And I can't think of any rules that you would violate by submitting to tons of directories. They usually take a little bit of time before they actually add you anyway.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

kashcheck
Trust:
Oh I see. So that means I can safely submit to 50 different directories per day for 1 week and wait for the directories to add me in without the risk of getting ban or blacklisted ya? If that's the case I'll start the submission today. :lol:

Thanks,
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
kashcheck wrote:Oh I see. So that means I can safely submit to 50 different directories per day for 1 week and wait for the directories to add me in without the risk of getting ban or blacklisted ya? If that's the case I'll start the submission today. :lol:

Thanks,

That is fine and no you are not going to get blacklisted unless you are passing fake PR, cloaking, or things of that nature. Also, just because you submitted to 50 directories doesn't mean you will be approved at all of them AND on the same day to say the least PLUS the spiders wouldn't cache all of the links on the same day.

Adrian,
kashcheck
Trust:
Thanks for your advice Adrian and Sean. With assurance from you guys, I'm feeling more confident in proceeding into my next step of my project.

Thanks,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Good to hear :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

kashcheck
Trust:
Oh right, 1 question regarding the "alt text". If I have a header graphic which appears throughout the site, can I make use of the header graphic "alt text" for the different keyword phrases I'm optimising on different pages?

For example, one page optimised for pie ingredients and header graphic "alt text" is pie ingredients image. Another page optimised for pie recipes and header graphic "alt text" is pie recipes image. And another page optimised for pie history and header graphic "alt text" is pie history image. Can I do this although the header graphic is the same image for all 3 pages?

Thanks,
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
There are two ways to do this.

One, you can have an image appear sitewide by using an include file but I am guessing you don't know how to do that or you didn't do that.

Your image code is probably manually placed on every page? If so then yes, you can add the alt text to the image. :)

Adrian,
kashcheck
Trust:
I'm not too sure how the graphics are put up, I got someone to do up the site for me as I don't have enough knowledge to do up the kind of site I want. But I'm guessing it's manually put up on each page, I don't see any text in the "alt" tag when I view the source file.

So that means I can make use of the same header image to input different targeted keywords as "alt text" that appear on other different pages? There's no rule that don't allow me to use the same image for different alt text right?

Just want to be sure. Hehe.. :P

Thanks,
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
There's no rule that I know of stopping you from using different alt text for the same image. However, it's debatable how much attention the search engines pay to these tactics since this is a pretty obvious way of keyword stuffing.

Regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

kashcheck
Trust:
Sheesh..Thanks Mark. Makes sense that it's kind of like keyword stuffing. I guess I'll stick to the same alt text for the same images appearing on different pages. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks,
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
kashcheck wrote:Sheesh..Thanks Mark. Makes sense that it's kind of like keyword stuffing. I guess I'll stick to the same alt text for the same images appearing on different pages. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks,

No you don't have to. I don't. Just use a single keyword for that image on the page. Don't do alt="keyword keyword keyword keyword keyword"

Adrian,
kashcheck
Trust:
Hmm..ok. So just strictly 1 keyword phrase for each image. I think I'll add the alt text on important pages. For the least important pages I'll just leave it alone or maybe just use my main keyword. :wink:

Anyway, thanks Adrian for your advice.

Thanks,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Don't worry about this too much. I doubt the search engines would be putting a large emphasis on this, so your time would be better spent building links and writing content, etc.
www.SixDayWeekend.com