Joined: 07 Oct 10
31 Mar 11 6:54 pm
You only need SSL if your website actually processes the payment for a specific site....so, in our case, since we are working on affiliate sites and only redirect buyers to vendors, there wouldn't be a need for them....
As per the Verisign site:
SSL is only needed if:
- you have an online store or accept online orders and credit cards
- you offer a log-in or sign-in on your site
- you process sensitive data such as address, birth date, licence or ID numbers
- you need to comply with privacy and security requirements
- you value privacy and expect others to trust you.
If your website doesn't have any of the following above, then there is no need for SSL
Hope that helps : )