Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Creating an ebook - Any tips or helpful software?

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:

Creating an ebook - Any tips or helpful software?

Hi Mark,

I imagine those of us who are following the 90 day plan will be wanting to create an ebook sometime soon. I've only ever made one before and it looked really unprofessional.

Do you think you could either list a few tips, some useful software or do a video on how to create a really nice looking ebook?

Thanks,
Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Sean,

I strongly recommend that you make sure you have your marketing of affiliate programs sorted first, before you start making your own product.

There is twice the learning curve when marketing and selling your own product. And I am concerned that if you get into that, that you'll be spreading yourself too thinly before you've got yourself going properly as an affiliate.

A lot of my products are high quality because I have injected a LOT of time, money (eg $50k to $150k) and resources (such as www.rocketspanish.com).

I think other gurus telling people to start online by making their own product end up having the internet cluttered with junk products which is not something that I would teach. I've found it so much easier to teach people to get a full time living from affiliate programs first, then when you can quit your job and go full time, you might want to consider having your own product.

Even then, the top 2 affiliates that I've trained are making over $10,000 a week just from affiliate programs. (one of them is now started developing his own product, but took him that long to worry about it).

The other thing is that affilorama is that is all about how to be an affiliate.

People find it confusing enough where to start as it is, without confusing them even further by trying to get them to learn how to make, sell and support their own product.

There are a lot of products out there that teach you how to make and sell an ebook and that is something that would take me at least another 80 video lessons to explain properly (because I teach how to create quality businesses, not junk that won't work long term).

I want to keep affilorama focused on how to make money from affiliate programs, there are plenty more lessons that people are requesting and I'd prefer to keep affilorama focussed on that, than try to be a jack of all trades here.

If you really want to learn product creation and marketing, then the best value for money tutorial out there is probably http://myks.sitesell.com/download9.html (only $49.95).

Hope that answers your question. Keep up the good work and enjoy your trip overseas!

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
If it is simply a few tips to make your book look nice that you want, all you need to do is write your book, and then get an elancer to proof it, and then hire another elancer to graphic design it to look nice.

regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
hey Mark, I'm not looking to make my own product, it's just that in the 90 day plan, by Week 7 you suggest to release our own viral ebook. :)

I won't be doing anything fancy, so elance sounds nice and painless. Thanks.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
sounds good :) Mark

PremiumMember
tino
Trust:
MarkLing wrote:
I think other gurus telling people to start online by making their own product end up having the internet cluttered with junk products which is not something that I would teach.
Mark

Excellent post Mark, especially the quote above. It's a shame that so many people are told to "just take action" and get a product out there. I would say that most people that are making their own products are not qualified to do so. I thought the quality of products would have become better over the years due to competition, but they've gotten worse. Even as an affiliate it can be difficult to find high quality products to promote.

It's also very inspiring and motivating to see that people you've trained are maknig over $10,000 per week. :shock:

Sean, I don't mean to imply that if you did want to make your own product it wouldn't be high quality. :wink:

John T
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Tino wrote:Sean, I don't mean to imply that if you did want to make your own product it wouldn't be high quality. :wink:
John T

haha, no worries. It probably would be low quality ;)

It would be cool to do in the future though. But I'll worry about that when I have enough money to buy that fighter jet I've always wanted. :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com