Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Comparing my landing page with the merchant's

PremiumMember
jjonpatel
Trust:

Comparing my landing page with the merchant's

Here is my understanding for using a landing page, you can presell the product and offer more than the actual advertiser can.

But here is my question: Advertiser ABC wants to sell product XYZ. Advertiser ABC has its own landing page. So if I am an affiliate marketer and create my own Landing page, what should go into my own landing page? My landing page will have all the bells and whistles to sell product XYZ, but eventually the call to action STILL need to redirect my landing page to the advertiser's landing page if someone wants to buy XYZ.

So we are making people click at least 2-3 times before they are presented with the final landing page to buy. Wouldn't it make sense that my landing page already allows them to buy directly.

If that is the case, don't I need to take apart the advertiser ABC's landing page and figure out what information to pass into their site/form?

I hope this is clear. Thank you.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Part of researching what products to promote includes reviewing the merchants landing page - theres no point putting a lot of effort into endorsing a product only to have the merchants page (which you have no control over) let you down by not being benefit-driven, having lots of social proof and offering an iron-clad money back guarantee.

However a good merchant landing page means that you should do less with your own landing page. Keep it really brief because the focus will be on getting the visitor to click through. Give them some really good reasons to investigate further and leave them wanting more.

There is actually a method of connecting directly to the merchants order page (we covered it in Issue 6 of the Affilorama Premium magazine - in fairness to the paid members of Premium I cant reveal it here).
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
jjonpatel
Trust:
Mark,

I'm a premium member, so where do I find Issue 6?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Hi Jon,

Welcome to the forum :). One issue is released per month for premium members. You'll get the 6th issue on your sixth month.

Cheers,
Michelle
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Oct 19, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.