Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Comments on Quansite website building/hosting?

PremiumMember
katrina
Trust:

Comments on Quansite website building/hosting?

Hi Everyone,

I am new to AffliloBlueprint and I'm currently working my way through the course.

After reading the thread about being sucked into the next shiny thing I feel like I am in the right place (yes I am a victim too) plus it is difficult explaining what you are doing (or rather attempting to do) with IM to friends and family. I have been jumping around un-focused for too long and need to get some results as proof to my family and for my sanity!!

So I will be focusing on AffiloBlueprint only for the next 12 weeks or quicker hopefully. So I am focusing on ONE system which I know will work and not going to even open IM emails from others (I like that idea about setting up a separate email for IM messages only) however the last shiny thing that I signed up for was a site building/hosting company called Quansite www.quansite.com.

If you visit the site you will see that they do a variety of things that I assume I would learn how to do in AffiloBlueprint but done for me. Things like auto submissions for social bookmarking (supposedly there is a right way and a wrong way), auto article uploader, auto link generation, auto integration with twitter, easy video uploads (coding all done), a membership model upgrade, click and drag page creation, hosting on a their servers and some protection for stopping people hacking into my site as supposedly is common with wordpress sites. There's a lot more they say they do which honestly I don't even understand all the things they're offering and therefore don't know if they're good or necessary.

I signed up for the middle option, a one month trial $9.97 and after that it is $97US per month. They claim to save you 10hrs per week on the mundane tasks which is obviously the long term goal as Mark says to outsource and scale your business right?

Here's my concerns about using them:

1. I cannot FTP into my site - this is supposedly also to stop hackers but I think I also am at their mercy and have to use their techies to do any custom updates/load scripts etc. (things I am only advanced beginner at currently) What does everyone think of this?

2. If I decide to change my mind about using them but have built my site with them I would get all my content and videos I have uploaded back but would have to rebuild the site again and work out how to upload etc Not sure how big of a deal this is?

3. Considering I am yet to make even $1 online I am worried about spending $97 per month whilst I get my affiliate websites built. Possibly I would be doing it backwards?

Basically I am torn between should I learn all this stuff (that is offered by Quansite) or just pay for it to be done on autopilot by Quansite and concentrate on niches and content creation which is basically their tagline - they host and do all the techie stuff and you just feed in the content.

I'd be glad to hear everyones comments on this.

Cheers,

Katrina
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Katrina,
Welcome to Affilorama.

I don't really think you are a victim as the products are fine.
You just have been a little misguided in your focus. Don't beat yourself up about.
I just wrote about this on my blog actually.
I have not really joined or had much experience with these "Do it all for you" systems but here is my take on this.
First off, the most important thing you said was in point 2.
You are tied to them for life if you want to build niche sites and keep them going, correct?.
That part always makes me say "No Thankyou"

Hey, if you have no experience whatsoever and you really want to use a Do It For You service then try it out for a couple of months, IF you have the money.
However, If you want a long term business in Internet Marketing or anything for that matter, you will need to know the inner workings of it all first, just my opinion.
Ex: Why you research something a certain way or do something this or that way.

Once you start moving along and having small successes you can build on that and also outsource the work to someone later on.
It ends up being exponential growth then.
Maybe it is just me but I always prefer to know how it is done first and then show others how to do it and how I want it done.
This may be the longer way than paying money at the start for a "Do it for me" system, but to me the only way to build a solid foundation for any Business as you own everything you do.

I am not knocking any of these Do It All For You systems, I suppose for 1 or 2 sites.. they could be a quick solution to some peoples lack of time, but would it make you a little nervous building 20 sites with them knowing they control the foundations of your business?

Another thing is, what if you want to sell some of your sites later on? How will that work?

A carpenter needs to do his apprenticeship before he can open his own building business right?
He wouldn't just show up in his first month and say "I am starting my own building company and I will hire people to do it for me even though I know nothing about building yet"
Even a building company owner who just owns the business, had to go to business school to learn how to run it or at least go through some sort of experience in his life so he can learn how to run it.

anyway, sorry to ramble on.. I hope you make the right decision for you.
Trust in yourself and sit down with a coffee and have a good think about what it is you want to achieve in the long run, how you will do it and what tools you need to do it.

Mark has put his system in place because it is proven to work in the long run if you work IT.
You may even stumble a few times, but just like you did when you were learning to ride a bike.. you get up again and move forward.

Kindest Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
katrina
Trust:
Thanks Troy,

You pretty much said/confirmed what I was thinking about having to know the ropes before I can outsource and that I should own all my own stuff for various reasons including resale of any websites.

I guess what I was getting hung up on was I feel that I have been marking time and you read everywhere to just take ACTION and I know that this would be a quicker way to get initial results.

I will take your advice and put myself through the 'apprenticeship' and save the money as I build slowly. As you say at least I am building on a solid base and can leverage from there. I will look at this as taking action. Even if it is a slower path it won't be building a house of straw!

Thanks for the quick reply and words of encouragement.

Cheers,

Katrina
digiblue
Trust:
Hey Katrina,

I just checked out the link to the service and in my opinion I would not bother with it at this stage. I agree with everything that Troy said! Since you are brand new to AffiloBlueprint then just stick with it and go through the lessons and DO Everything, only after going through the course at least once consider outsourcing the promotional side of things.

For $97 a month there are much better ways to promote and manage your Websites.

Stay focused on AffiloBlueprint and put those sunglasses on to stop all those shiny marketing products from grabbing your attention.
PremiumMember
katrina
Trust:
Thanks Digiblue,

I'm putting on the sunglasses now, LOL - love the metaphor.

Cheers,

Katrina

This topic was started on Mar 14, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.