Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Change Wordpress Theme to List Posts in Sidebar

susb8383
Trust:

Change Wordpress Theme to List Posts in Sidebar

Hi,

I really like the Affiloblueprint Wordpress theme. But I wish that instead of listing the pages in the sidebar, it listed posts. I'd rather enter my 'pages' as posts because then I can take advantage of the pinging mechanism to notify the web world that I have new content rather than depending on the search engine robots.

I tried to update the theme myself by copying the post loop from another blog I have into the sidebar menu, but it still only shows the pages, not the posts.

Anyone know how to do this?
susb8383
Trust:
Never mind, I figured it out myself. It was a little complicated, but it seems to work.
keithdhd
Trust:
Hi there,

I'd like to do this too. Can you tell me how you solved the problem?

Thanks,
Keith
susb8383
Trust:
Yup, but I'm afraid that the formatting of anything I post will get screwed up since there is no Preview button on this post page.

So maybe what I'll do is post it on my blog and post a link to it here. Does this forum allow links to be posted?
susb8383
Trust:
Oh, that's interesting. Before I only saw the Quick Reply option, but now I get a Reply button that gives me a Code tag button. Hmm...wonder why I didn't get that choice before.

But anyway, I posted the exact steps on my blog.

Here is a link, but just in case this forum filters out links, if you go to internetmarketingkultch.com and search for Affiloblueprint wordpress you should find it.

Tweaking AffiloBlueprint Wordpress Theme to Show Posts

This topic was started on May 09, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.