Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Can you help me improve my squeeze page please?

jakyastik
Trust:

Can you help me improve my squeeze page please?

I've been trying up many variants on my landing page squeeze page. Can someone please help me improve it further? It's here www.habitualwinningpro.com

Many people also have those simple squeeze pages. Only text and form. What works best? My squeeze page or the simple ones without any much detail and all?

Oh well, I use tinyletter to give away my freebie. I don't have any autoresponders except the welcome email. Can you guys suggest something? But definitely, I'm giving away genuine value.

Any suggestions, first impressions, thoughts and instincts are welcome.
Jaky Astik
Designer and Manager at www.habitualwinningpro.com

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
I think your page works well visually, except I would:
* Make the numbered items list a larger font
* Make something clickable about the green "Free Download". It looks exactly like a button, but has no function. People WILL try to click on it. You could at least use its image "Alt" tag and add a "Title' tag (or an image map) to get a popup message telling people to add their email below.
* More professional looking pages have more white space (e.g. wider left and right margins).

But to me, your biggest problem is not visual, but the fact that you make a lot of unsubstantiated claims. People today are rightly skeptical of advertising claims. They won't take you word for anything. And they start out with a strong negative bias which your page content must overcome.

The job your page content performs in the sales process is not complete until you prove each and every claim. Without proof, most people will remain too skeptical to take any action. Understand that people automatically distrust you upon arrival.

One of the ways you must gain visitor trust is to "prove" each claim (near where you make it). And not in your own words, but with 3rd party" proof. Make your proof very quantitative (not "Most people in a survey by {3rd party} stated that our free ebooks helped them". Instead, "89% of people responding to a survey by {3rd party} stated that our free ebooks did help them".)

As part of substantiating your claims, I'd add some kind of bio page, to prove that "David Rich" exists, is an expert and did indeed spend his life researching the topic in question.

There are some grammar problems in David Rich's statement and "bloody emails" isn't a very agreeable phrase.

Hope this helps....
_jim coe
Last edited by jimcoe on 19 Aug 12 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jakyastik
Trust:
OMG, I totally missed when I set there designing it. Wonder how many people might have already tried to click that "free download" visual. Claims. Yes, that needs to be improved definitely. Am not that good at copy actually. So, thanks a lot. Do tell me if there's anything more you think I should be thinking about. :)
Jaky Astik
Designer and Manager at www.habitualwinningpro.com

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
OMG, I totally missed when I set there designing it.
And that's why you're very smart to ask others to look at your page.

Just now also noticed that you state that the product is "guaranteed". So where is your "Guarantee"? And be sure to add a "guarantee" image/symbol/shield/emblem thing. They increase trust.

Another thing you can do is to get some testimonials and publish those. Once you have captured some emails, you can ask some of your readers for testimonials. If the product is as good as it should be, some people will respond favorably - if it's not, start over with a better product.

I'm also wondering how you will monetize the site if it's all free. And I'm wondering if your visitors won't be wondering the same thing - such that you can gain more trust by telling them. That's a very "iffy" idea, the sort of thing only A/B split testing can resolve (if you have enough traffic).

If this is an affiliate marketing site, you need an FTC disclosure (do a search here at Affilorama on "FTC disclosure" or "FTC notice", etc. for more info).

_jim coe
esolutions
Trust:
Use an arrow by the free download button that points to the email box and also include a javascript popup that says "just enter your email in the box".

The page is a bit on the long side. I would certainly suggest condensing the content to state the key points, generate curiosity and interest and go for the email. By giving too much information, you allow people to take longer to decide and even find reasons not to opt in.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

This topic was started on Aug 18, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.