Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Can I Start With A Squeeze Page And Not A Website?

dima
Trust:

Can I Start With A Squeeze Page And Not A Website?

Hi all!
I'm a newbie just starting out. Do I absolutely need a website or can I just do with a squeeze page as an affiliate to build my list? What makes a squeeze page a viable option? What do you think?
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
If you've got a newsletter list all up and ready to go, then *TRAFFIC* is what makes a single page website/squeeze page a viable option.

The main reason to build a larger site is so that you can attract free traffic through the search engines / social etc. You can't attract much free traffic with just a squeeze page.

If you're prepared to spend money on advertising your site, then absolutely... go with just a squeeze page. It'll get you seeing results faster, rather than having to invest all that time into developing content.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

dima
Trust:
Thanks Aletta! Are there suitable tools and tutorials inside Affilorama that support a squeeze page model? Just want to explore all the options.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
I don't believe we have any lessons in the free Affilorama lessons on creating squeeze pages as such. The free lessons don't really offer much in the way of a "do this, do that" strategy, so you would just be piecing things together.

Our AffiloJetpack product is designed to follow this model, although it also allows for people to build full-blown content sites. With AJP you get a 1-year newsletter sequence with promotions built in, 3 x ebooks you can use as bait, plus we'll set up a basic site and squeeze page for you -- although you'll probably want to customize it. And you get all that for 5 different niches.

You also get a bunch of other stuff (eg, we'll automatically upload all your emails if you use Fluttermail, we give you some content ideas if you want to create a content site, we give you some header graphics you could use, plus you get AffiloTheme included, and you get AffiloBlueprint which is useful if you decide to build a big content site) -- but the newsletter sequence and "bribe" books are the real rock stars if you just want to build a quick and simple squeeze funnel.

The main downside: We don't yet have a particular substantial training area in AffiloJetpack, since it was originally designed for people who kind of know what they're doing and just need a fast and inexpensive way to put it together. I'm currently working to fix that, but it might be a month or two before it's done.

The other main downside is the price: At $997 it's a bit intimidating, especially if you're brand new to affiliate marketing and you're not even sure if it works, or if it is something you really want to do.

For folks who have been pottering around with affiliate marketing a while, it's actually incredibly cheap (I'm currently paying a guy $50 a newsletter to make a sequence for one of my sites, whereas with AJP you get the newsletters for under $2 a pop) -- but if you're just starting out $997 a pretty big chunk of change.

If you want a complete budget beginners' way of doing things, here's what I'd do:

1) Set up your squeeze page. Use it to promote a video sales letter for an affiliate product. Tell people to enter their name and email to watch the video, and tell them why the video is going to be so amazing.

2) Make it so that when they enter their name and email they are automatically directed to the merchant sales page that contains the video. You can set this in your autoresponder.

3) Set up your autoresponder sequence with maybe 10 emails to begin with, and keep adding additional emails as you go. This means you can get started sooner and hopefully start seeing some sales to fund additional newsletter purchases.

(FYI: Those 10 emails will probably cost you between $200 - $400 to get written from scratch, if you hire someone from Elance to write them. This is why paying $997 for AffiloJetpack is actually quite cheap.)

4) Then start sending traffic to your squeeze page.

The neat thing about this is that you can try with a bunch of different affiliate products to see which one converts best for you. The downside is that it only works in niches where there are good and compelling video sales letters for affiliate products.

For bonus points: If you want people to confirm their email addresses (to give you a higher quality list) you'd make your "thanks for signing up" page be a page on your website where you tell people to confirm their email address to access the video. Then when they confirm their email address (through the email that your autoresponder will send to their inbox), they get taken to the video they've been promised on the merchant site.

IMPORTANT: With a squeeze page / paid traffic model you should ALWAYS expect to burn through a bit of cash to begin with before you hit on a combination of factors that works for you. It's all about the combination of...

1) Your squeeze page offer: Are you offering something people want? Have you sold it well enough in your squeeze page text?
2) The affiliate products you're promoting: Do people actually buy them?
3) Where your audience comes from, and how responsive they are (hint: Don't use burned out solo ad lists from people who advertise their solo ad services on solo ad directories!)

Personally I would probably expect to burn through around $1000 on traffic sources initially before I start figuring out what works. Some people get lucky (or put in the effort to find better sources initially) and start making a good profit straight away, but a lot of other people will spend a couple of hundred of dollars on Facebook ads and some cheap solo ads, and then decide to give up. Don't be that person :)

We've got one lady in AffiloJetpack who spent $400 on one of her first campaigns, and ended up making $900 back immediately. She's quite new to affiliate marketing, and keeps saying "I'm so shocked at how well it works!" (Except she says "chocked" because English isn't her first language ;)

But we also have folks spending $30 on rubbish ads and complaining that "the emails don't convert".

Basically you get out what you put in. Expect to spend money, invest in quality traffic, or invest TIME in finding quality traffic, and you'll do much better.

.... Hmm, I hope I haven't completely confused and intimidated you here :)
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

pudhumai
Trust:
Wonderful, unbiased and impartial write-up Aletta and I love this. People like me would be grateful to you if you are instrumental in getting a good video squeeze page for the AjP members for their respective niches.Thanks in advance!
dima
Trust:
Thanks so much Aletta! I'm choked too! ;-) I couldn't even hope for such an awesome response. I actually re-read it a few times to absorb. Makes perfect sense to me. You've just knocked out a dozen other questions I had ))

I'm doing AffiloBlueprint right now and want to move to AJP after that. The price tag is not really an issue, I earn a pretty good income (although on a 9 to 9 grind :)).

I'd like to pick your brain more about getting quality traffic, and run a few ideas by you, if you don't mind... )) Not right now, but soon.

Thanks again for all the great advice! I might just take your post, wrap it good and sell it online ))
sandmarket2003
Trust:
Thanks Aletta
Going through the same process,while trying to build a list and a store at the same time,you answered a lot of questions..
Sandy

getprofits_709
Trust:
Aletta,

How do you put the sq page in the index instead of the auto load to a subdir?

thanks
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
If you're using AffiloTheme, it's not currently possible to use our fancy squeeze page layouts on your homepage. You can set an ordinary page to be your homepage (see below), but not the fancy squeeze pages.

If you're using some other theme, all you'd do is set up your squeeze page as a "page" and then go into your WordPress settings to set your front page as a "static page" and choose the squeeze page you've just created.

One good option if you're using AffiloTheme but you'd really like to get your squeeze page on your homepage.... there's a plugin called Thrive Content Builder which makes it really easy to create squeeze pages. And since these are "pages" you can set them as your homepage.

Here's one that I built using one of their standard templates.

Here one on the homepage. The rest of the site is just using AffiloTheme as normal. (Note that this page will probably only be like this temporarily to illustrate the point. )

It's not a free plugin -- it ranges between $50 - $100 depending on how many sites you want to use it on, but I think it's really worth it. Particularly since it comes with built in templates for squeeze pages, thanks pages, download pages, and you can basically use it to build any page on your site if you want to.

naeem.
Trust:
Thank you for sharing. Your squeeze pages actually look great.
jgarlitz
Trust:
Hi Aletta.. If I understand you correctly...

I can upload a theme of my own to affilio-jetpack hosted domains?

The one I want to use is wordpress friendly. Will all of the Done For You content intigrate with other than affiliotheme
Thanks for your response!
Jack

This topic was started on Apr 07, 2015 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.