Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Blog or Website

linconian
Trust:

Blog or Website

A while go I bought Matt Carters course (Rapid Profit Formula) and in it he suggests using
WordPress pages instead of web pages. Now after 5 sites I'm wondering what the difference is between the two because its easier to set website pages for SEO than it is for WordPress.

SEO by Yoast is somewhat baffling and I can never get it completely right. So what do you think is best out of these two and why.

Thanks a lot.

p.s. Would have gone to Matt's forum but he doesn't have one so this is the next best place to ask.
Michael

esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

Wordpress is just so much more robust with less work than a normal HTML website that you have to edit page by page.

What problems are you having setting up SEO? The Platinum SEO plugin is free and is not that baffling. Just wondering what you mean by can't get it completely right?
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

linconian
Trust:
Hello

You may say that, but at 66 I find a lot of stuff on the Internet baffling and SEO is one of those things, especially Yoast's SEO. Just look at this from one of my blog pages,

Your focus keyword was found in:
Article Heading: No
Page title: Yes (1)
Page URL: No
Content: No
Meta description: Yes (1)

My focus keyword's were 'Mobility Scooter Reviewer' and its in the article header because its the name of the URL. So naturally its the page URL and its sprinkled throughout the content of the page.

But I'm still stuck with this after correcting and updating the same page 4 times.

Its annoying and worrying at the same time. What if the search engines don't index the page because of what Yoast says and not what I've done to the page to make it SEO friendly.

When I've put up web pages you can go in and add loads of Meta descriptions and content to the pages which seems easier than trying to negotiate with Yoast. Going to Yoast's blog page is like trying to read info in another language.

OK its easy for some people because they've been at it for a while, but old sods like me are still coming to terms with Blogging and its secrets.
Michael

essexboyracer
Trust:
Hey Michael, I wouldn't get too stressed over who says what you should do with what wordpress plugin. I would concentrate on writing blog posts on the subject that you feel passionate about as this will count for a lot more than who can use what plugin the best.

So long as your content is original you'll get indexed. Messing around with plugins will be something you'll do afterwards
linconian
Trust:
Thanks for that

I'll keep that in mind as I continue to upload my blog pages.

Cheers.
Michael

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Wordpress is free and easy to setup and manage. You could actually use whatever you're comfortable with. There are many good tools to build your site with. However, we recommend putting your articles as posts instead of pages (you can do this in WP) so that they can be included in the RSS feed from your site.

All the best!
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

cecille.l
Trust:
Its annoying and worrying at the same time. What if the search engines don't index the page because of what Yoast says and not what I've done to the page to make it SEO friendly.

You don't have to do as Yoast says if you can't get it to work. There are other ways/methods you can use to optimize your webpages with. If you're using Wordpress, then you can use the All in One SEO plugin to optimize your pages.

Search engines need only to be made aware that your site is up. You can go to this Google Webmaster Help page to find out information on how to get Google to index your site.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

linconian
Trust:
Thanks Ladies

I'll take a look at Google's WebMaster help page.
Michael

esolutions
Trust:
Hello again,

Even though onpage SEO is important, it doesn't necessarily have to be perfect, especially if it's frustrating and taking your time away from other things.

Just do what you can and move on, especially start building links (and you can hire someone to do that).
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
I think Yoast's SEO WordPress plugin is superior to the others (I've tried 3 of the most popular).

Your focus keyword was found in:
Article Heading: No
Page title: Yes (1)
Page URL: No
Content: No
Meta description: Yes (1)

A URL is not the same as a header.

What this report means is that your keywords are not in any headings in your article. That is, you don't have "<h2>Your Mobility Scooter Reviewer</h2", "<h3>Why a Mobility Scooter Reviewer?</h3> and such "heading tags" around any lines with your keywords in them, to make those lines into subject headings.

Search engines give more weight to subject heading lines because they say a lot about the theme of your article. But you should have only 1 <h1> tag and that is automatically set to be your post title. So the headings you create in your article's body (good to have a few of them) should be <h2> "Heading 2" tags. <h3> tags are not so much rewarded, so only use those (and below) if you really need a sub-heading under a heading.

If "Mobility Scooter Reviewer" is "scattered about in the body of your article (the page content), it would show up in the list as "Content: Yes (x)", where "x" is the number of times you used it in the content. Perhaps you spelled it differently than you did in your "Focus key word" entry, or used different capitalization? Yoast's SEO tool is not going to miss words or not count them, if they are there and identical to what you put into the "Focus key word" field.

The only confusion I've had with Yoast's SEO plugin is that I often use pictures as the first item in my posts and then Yoast's "Analysis" tool complains that I should put my keywords into the "first paragraph" - but the first "paragraph" is my picture. Of course I use my keywords in the picture "Title" and "Alt" tags.

There is a tremendous amount to learn in top SEO and Website production, it takes time. Keep at it and use Google search freely whenever you don't understand something and you'll soon be an expert.

Hope that helps...

This topic was started on Nov 25, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.