Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Blending of Adsense Text?

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:

Blending of Adsense Text?

I know Mark has said to blend in your text with the rest of your site, but I have also read elsewhere the opposite or at least a little different colors etc. Who can tell me who has tested this stuff? I have a new site (below) which has about a hundred visitors a day, but no adsense revenue. Does that mean only people like us are visiting and not clicking? Do you think I should try some ad sense with different color schemes rather than blending in? thanks for any who may reply.
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
I went ahead and tried an experiment.I changed the title only in the adsense to a colored text for a test.we will see.

never mind I am changing everything.does anyone else do that ?
alvintan
Trust:
In your case, i would advice you to blend in your ads with your site. the reason is because your internal links are blue and your ads are red (not a common link color) so its working against you.

Example- I have a site where the links are maroon and so were my adsense ads. I changed my adsense ads to blue and left my other links in maroon and my clicks when up!

Whatever the changes, you need about 2 weeks to see the difference
alvintan
Trust:
Sorry, just to clarify, i think your adsense titles should be blue, just like the rest of your links.

Also, you will find a much lower clickthrough when you do a website on Internet Marketing. Your typical visitor knows what Adsense is so the usual techniques will not work so well.

I've found Adsense to work better in non-IM sites.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Off-topic, but I thought I should mention: Be sure to go through your site and check that your links are working. I haven't been through with a fine-tooth comb, but I notice that a large portion of the links on your links page are duplicated (one underneath the other) and the bottom ones aren't working because you've got " instead of " in the tags. It all looks a little garbled.

Also you're not going to be making many affiliate commissions from Traffic Travis because you haven't entered your affiliate code in the hoplink. It just says "enterid", and I'm sure that's not your clickbank id :)
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

dynaclick
Trust:
blending the right adsense color definitely raises the click thru rate. In fact, i also did a recent test by adding another adsense ads to make it look like a top navigation bar, my Click thru rate went up to 25%-38%...

clifford
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
thanks to all great stuff.!!
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
thank you aletta for pointing out that about my clickbank id,I did not see that.It is so great to have people watching your back,as it were.I have changed the entire color scheme now,see what you think. I realize that an affiliate site will not be as prone to people clicking on adsense,but at least I am learning how so I can use it on other sites.
alvintan
Trust:
i see you've changed the title color, but the background is not blending in well. Also, you might want to change your entire website font to Arial to match Google's.
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
thanks for the tip about the font.I will try that.what do you mean:
" see you've changed the title color, but the background is not blending in well."??
I reduced the size of the header graphic is that what you mean?
what is not blending well?thank you[/quote]
alvintan
Trust:
On my PC, I can see the background of your ads are a different color from your body?
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
it should be only on the article pages because I ran out of time last night after changing all of my color schemes and adsense for the first 10 or so pages. I will fix tonite.