Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Affilorama web template or WordPress theme?

caoimh
Trust:

Affilorama web template or WordPress theme?

Hello all,
Mark used WordPress and specially created WordPress themes for his Blogging Bootcamp website.
Why did he not use one of the Affilorama web templates?

If I want to set up a blog with comments which is better:
An Affilorama web template and install WordPress?
Or, get a WordPress theme designed and do as Mark did in the Bootcamp?

The Affilorama web templates look good so I don't understand why one of them was not used for the Bootcamp.
Thanks - Caoimh
faradina
Trust:
The web templates available from Affilorama premium Hosting are HTML templates and not blogging templates or blogging platform themes. They do not have/support the functions/features that WordPress has/does, such as plugins, comments, etc. That is why Mark used WordPress (which is a blogging platform/script). And Mark created WordPress themes so that he can achieve the look he wants on his blog site.
If you like the web templates on Affilorama hosting, you can have WordPress themes designed to look like them.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
The only reason I did not use the affiloblueprint wordpress theme inside the affiliate blog bootcamp was because some members of the blog bootcamp which comes with affilorama premium are not members of affiloblueprint and hence do not have access to this theme. So I wanted to show you all a way of making affiliate sites even if you don't wish to join affiloblueprint and get our affiloblueprint wordpress theme.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

caoimh
Trust:
Thanks Fara Dina and Mark.
I am surmising that web templates have been surpassed by WordPress and other blogging templates.
I.e. WordPress seems to have a lot that the other does not.
- Caoimh

This topic was started on Feb 23, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.