Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Affiliate Link in a Pop-Over?

PremiumMember
cfiskey
Trust:

Affiliate Link in a Pop-Over?

Hi guys,

Hey - quick question.

Does anybody use their affiliate links in a pop-over?

For example - on a product review page, why not have a pop-over with your affiliate link (or redirect page) show up after 10 seconds or so creating a bit of urgency to click through to the affiliate product page?

I know Mark uses them for newsletter sign-ups and it increases his subscription rate by 400% - curious if it produces the same results for product sale conversions.

Thanks

Craig
jasondodd
Trust:
Theres no reason why you cant - I dont on my site (just use it for newsletter sign-ups) but you have to be careful you dont come across too pushy - visitors might beat a hasty retreat and exit your site.

You could use it to offer the visitor an added value bonus for a limited time (if the bonus was actualled offered on the merchants landing page).

The other option is to use it for both the newsletter sign-up, offer the bonus deal and have the thank you page take them through your affiliate link.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
cfiskey
Trust:
Thanks Jason.
jenneberlin
Trust:
jasondodd wrote:Theres no reason why you cant - I dont on my site (just use it for newsletter sign-ups) but you have to be careful you dont come across too pushy - visitors might beat a hasty retreat and exit your site.

You could use it to offer the visitor an added value bonus for a limited time (if the bonus was actualled offered on the merchants landing page).

The other option is to use it for both the newsletter sign-up, offer the bonus deal and have the thank you page take them through your affiliate link.

Hi Jason,
Thanks for this old post. It's just that my current affilorama theme seems to play up creating the exit pop over. First it does not show up on exit. Second I would love to know how I could configure the links, exit pops with a thank you page and also capture the optins for my newsletter or a bonus/free offer-essentially killing 2 birds with one stone to build my list and earn affiliate commissions while going about it.

Thanks for helping out mate!

This topic was started on Nov 07, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.