Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Xmas Gift from Google Grinch

jcdean
Trust:

Xmas Gift from Google Grinch

I had website (AJP Blog) really moving in the search engines.

I was in the top 20 on dozens of search terms and top ten in a few. Some of these search terms were very valuable like Salehoo review and Worldwide Brands review.

All my pages just disappeared in the serps. I am in the sand box :(

Everything I read about the sand box is that it will take 6 to 8 months to get out. :(

I think this site has the potential to make 100s per day so I am not going to abandon it. I will keep adding content.

I have other APJ sites to work on to keep me busy too.

I wonder if I should keep building links while I am in the sand box? any opinions?

P.S. I think I got sand boxed because I was aggressively building a blog network of my own, with blogger blogs and other free blog platforms. I don't think Google likes that.
Respect,
JC Dean

mark schaaf
Trust:
Hi jcdean, sorry for your problem but I don't know what the sand box is. also I don't like google at all I think they are full of it. I am just sick of hearing this crap about giving there users a great experience but when I look something up in google I find all kinds of crap that in not related at all to what I am looking for. I don't understand this then the to stuff like what they did to you, I don't get it, too bad there is no way for all of us to do something about it, Mark
Mark

jcdean
Trust:
mark schaaf wrote:Hi jcdean, sorry for your problem but I don't know what the sand box is. also I don't like google at all I think they are full of it. I am just sick of hearing this crap about giving there users a great experience but when I look something up in Google I find all kinds of crap that in not related at all to what I am looking for. I don't understand this then the to stuff like what they did to you, I don't get it, too bad there is no way for all of us to do something about it, Mark

Thanks Mark,

The sand box is really nothing more than a delay in ranking that Google does to deter lazy spammers from flooding the net with garbage.

Even though I had what I consider good content, I sent up a red flags.

I am sure my site will be back one day, I will keep adding content, and a few link here and there and maybe Google will let me back in the game.

Nothing to do but move on.
Respect,
JC Dean

mrehan
Trust:
Same thing happened to me, man..... I did a 20 page site in June. Did some seo for about 3 months but no progress in ranking. I just let it sit there hoping that maybe after it ages for about 6 months, try again. Then started another project in OCT for a product for Christmas season. That blog was ranking on page 1 in google , yahoo and msn in 2 months time.
In Dec, I decided to check back on my 20 page website and noticed that 2 keywords were ranking on page 1 of google and the others in page 3, 4 and 5. and had four sales.I was amazed! Checking further ,I noticed that the site was ranking since mid November judging by the traffic. I started to do some seo on the 20 page site again building some 10 backlinks a day....and Abracadabra! the site and all the pages have disappeared from Google on 12 Dec. When I left my site alone ....it started ranking....when i start promoting it...it disappears. I sometimes dont understand what the heck is happening. Does Google even know its own rules?...And we treat is a mystical all knowing super something. .

JC, hopefully u get your site back. And I hope you are wrong about the 6 - 8 month wait period. Man, thats a long time.

Anybody know the difference between the google dance and sandbox? ( I bet you even google does not know :-)
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Sandbox is when google sees something and flags your site as spam.you will lose all rankings and can take up to 6 months to get out. Google dance is page by page,where one page seems to dance around in the rankings which can be caused by a lot of things, including competition, algorithm changes, and many other factors.

As far as early DEc, actually I think this was another algorithm change. i have seen it on some of my sites as well, mostly on my newer ones. It happens. If you want to give Google control of your business, and rely on them for traffic, that is the price you have to pay.
For me, I lost about 20% of my traffic, which hurts a little, but, it don't kill me.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

johnalex157
Trust:
One reason could be buliding lots of backlinks within a short period of time. For example, even in most of the forums, number of postings per day is limited to 2. I think google is following the same principle. Websites which builds backlinks above certain number is being flagged. Instead of spamming the internet, its wise to wait and build 2 or 3 per day....
http://www.stocksharetrading.co.uk
http://blog.stocksharetrading.co.uk
Basics of forex trading, stock market and mutual funds

PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
Id Keep on hammering those links. You have to step back and analyze the situation a bit. What if Brittney Spears started a new blog/site with 1000+ new incoming links a day would she get sandboxed? Probably Not...
Then the question is why would that likely not happen?
Does she have many aff links? problably not....

What about your links do you have any none affiliate outgoing links?It tends to help to have some outgoing links to some trusted sources like wikipedia for example. And if you think about it... If you hammer up your site with your content and your aff links you are just another "egoistical site owner" Then you are only providing information for your own "interests"/benefits in the mighty eyes of Google.

Other than that its just the game... But if your incoming links are around the same amount(but not the exact same amount) over a decent period of time its impossible that you are nothing else than for real and you should be brought back to the top. Thats why i keep on hammering those links no matter what...
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

mrehan
Trust:
Can anybody with personal experience with the sandbox tell if their site did come out of the sandbox and if it did, after how long?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I have had several sites sandboxed and the time varies. Basically, what they call the sandbox is when google views your methods as spam, and so they take your entire site out of the listings. it can take anywhere from 3-6 months to get reindexed after that happens.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

kakaboo
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:I have had several sites sandboxed and the time varies. Basically, what they call the sandbox is when google views your methods as spam, and so they take your entire site out of the listings. it can take anywhere from 3-6 months to get reindexed after that happens.

Hi James

What is the most accurate way of deciding whether your site is in the sandbox? I thought if your site is in the sandbox, it is still indexed? (meaning if i use site:mysite.com in google, it still apepars) Just that it gets pushed all the way back to the last rankings
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
when you are in the sandbox, you won't even be indexed. so that just means you need higher rankings. Keep building links.

mrehan
Trust:
My site though sandboxed is still indexed. When I type my exact site name in the google search, all the pages of this site are the 1st results in. but not visible anywhere for the keyword search, whereas it was visible for the keywords search a few weeks ago.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
keyword rankings will fluctuate. if you are really sandboxed you wont even show up for your domain name search. they will not index you at all.

what you are experiencing is the Google Dance. it just means you need to keep building links and trying to drive traffic to your site. also, try signing up for Google Webmaster tools if you havent already. They have a lot of tools that will help you see why you aren't getting rankings, such as site crawling errors, if they have trouble reading your site, you can see what search terms your site is being found under, what keywords they see your site as being relevant for, and other tools to help your site perform better in the rankings.

If you want to get search rankings, you should use the tools they provide to help you get there. also, check out their videos on SEO. you will find loads of info that comes from their own team to help you better optimize your site and increase search rankings. http://www.youtube.com/user/GoogleWebmasterHelp

mrehan
Trust:
Wish everyone a happy & strong year ahead!! (Free of google pain)
johnalex157
Trust:
@ Sir matts,

You are missing the point. Backlink concept doesn't work simply on adding links in other websites. Imagine a person visits a website and he likes it. He might think that it is worth adding a link because of its content. This is the general concept of backlink. Basically backlinks to your website must be closer to the number of visitors. If there is a small variation, google will tolerate it... Imagine there are no visitors but you have a 5000 backlinks and that too in a month.. That raises lots of suspicion to google...That shows how artificial your backlinks are... In fact google themselves confirmed that the effect of backlinks has been exaggerated by seos... You are comparing with britney.. I am sure she will get more than 10000 visitors per day... nobody in this forum can get that...
http://www.stocksharetrading.co.uk
http://blog.stocksharetrading.co.uk
Basics of forex trading, stock market and mutual funds

kakaboo
Trust:
Hey Jcdean, I am currently experiencing the same thing as you right now and I thought that I was sandboxed too, but Jackson said this is just the google dance and it is perfectly fine especially if your website is new..

I did a search for google dance on the warrior forum and found people with similar experiences.. type site:warriorforum.com google dance in Google

All the experiences of people there were also recently (Nov-Dec2010) where their sites disappeared for 3days-2 weeks and came back afterwards.. so dont give up and keep building links!!!!!!!!
jraby3
Trust:
Guys, my site had 3 keywords ranked #1 and several more on the first page of google. I made 3 sales yesterday - my best day ever (site is around 2.5 months old). This morning when I used Traffic Travis to check my keyword rankings, literally every single keyword was not in the top 50 overnight. I'm sure this is the sandbox. Does anyone know what I should do, if my rankings will come back (and when), etc.?

I'm freaking out here! I've been busting my ass on this site. Should I just start a new site? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!
kakaboo
Trust:
if you havent done anything blackhat or spammy its probably just the google dance.. just sit it out while continue to build links.. and start a new site in the mean time to take your mind off it..

my site has already been out of the serps twice and came back each time after 1- 2 weeks..
jraby3
Trust:
Thanks kakaboo. I guess I'll just wait it out...so sad this was my first month actually generating sales and money! Anyway, off to the next site...
faradina
Trust:
The google dance is actually a time when google is re-assessing your site to see:

- if it should remain in their index
- what search terms it should appear in results for
- how it should be ranked for those search terms

Google does that continually. So do the other search engines, but not as frequently as google does.

This topic was started on Dec 25, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.