Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Why isn´t my site shown in Google?

PremiumMember
acanjo
Trust:

Why isn´t my site shown in Google?

Hi

I know this may be a noob question, but i wonder why my site isn´t shown in google although it´s indexed.

My site, www.police-officers.net, has unique content and every page is optimized for keywords that have reasonable low competition, yet the pages don´t rank in the top 400 of google. Have I missed something?

Maybe I´m looking for results way to fast since the site has been up for just over a month, but I have had other sites that have shown in the top 100 of google faster and thus I wonder if I´m doing something wrong on this site.

Any suggestions or tips?

Cheers

André
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Google looks at over 200 factors when ranking a page, and nobody knows them all. Some sites will take more time to rank than others, but just keep trying.

I noticed that you have used multiple keywords on your pages. This is called keyword stuffing and is frowned upon by search engines. Keyword stuffing is considered spam. It is recommended to use only one keyword per page so that you could properly optimize it. All you need is your main keyword phrase per page.

If you pick good keywords you can get ranked pretty quickly. Keywords that are long tail with good monthly search volumes. Continue building backlinks to generate more traffic to your site and do pinging, article marketing, forum posting, social networking and other link-building techniques.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
acanjo
Trust:
Thanks for your reply. Please explain the keyword issue. Do you mean in the meta description or in the copy?

I thought that 4-5 kw was ok, and I have tried to optimize each page for one specific kw. How can i improve my pages?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You have 4 keywords on this page http://police-officers.net/how-to-buy-a ... r-auctions as your meta keywords: police car auctions, police auctions, government auctions,police impounds

This is keyword stuffing and is considered spam by search engines.

You need to choose one long tail keyword that is relevant to your article/page. If you choose "police car auctions" you will also rank for the shorter phrases "police car" or "police auctions".

To optimize your page, you need to use one keyword (ie police car auctions) on your meta description, meta keywords, title tags, H1 tags and within your article at 1% density.

I'm not sure if you are trying to promote or sell anything on your site or you just want to provide free information since I cannot find any links to any merchant's sales page but if you will be promoting a product, choose keywords that will target potential buyers. These would include product names, crisis keywords (stop, repair, fix, crisis, save, prevent, or rescue) and how to keywords (how to, learn, lessons, tips, DIY, make, or build).
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
acanjo
Trust:
Thank you. I was under the impression that 4-5 keywords in the meta tag was ok, or even recommended. I guess I was wrong.

As of what keywords to choose, I find that the keywords that target potential buyers often have a high level of competition. I have used both Traffic Travis and Market Samurai and the crisis keywords along with how to keywords always gets filtered out because they either are to common or the competition is to high.

I have another site up and running, tattooadviser.com, where I have tried to follow the affilioblueprint (I use a different theme and have not used the suggested images). I tried to find good keywords but ended up with general tattoo keywords that don´t really sell.

How do you do to find crisis or how to keywords that are good?
mortalengine
Trust:
Have to disagree . the keywords in meta and your description are fine, I do this as most do and have no problems

Keyword stuffing is different

Go to digg.com, twitter, zimbio, and a few others and announce your site
mortalengine
Trust:
ps your site is showing in google search for http://police-officers.net and www.police-officers.

do search site:police-officers.net in google shows for me
PremiumMember
acanjo
Trust:
Thanks for your answer.

Yes, my site is indexed, but it´s not in the top 200 results. I find that a bit odd, but perhaps the site just need some more time...
unit
Trust:
I agree I found your site in google so it,s indexed. If your looking for rankings through TT it may not be catching it, try the search ranking genie here at Affilorama under seo tools. I have found that it works much better than TT for whatever reason.
Good Luck
Unit
Discover the inside secrets of winning the lottery at www.masterluck.com

scorrea
Trust:
I'm new to all this so i can't answer but I just wanted to say that's a good-looking site! Well done!
scorrea

This topic was started on Nov 17, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.