Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

When Will I Start To See Visitors In My Site?

juderm
Trust:

When Will I Start To See Visitors In My Site?

Okey I have done my first affiliate product to promote by creating a landing page. Apparently I am new to this business and still learning from the great lessons you have here. I am promoting a physical product thru Amazon got the affiliate links and optimized my site which is just a page and did keyword market research. I basically just depend on SEO since I have learned that this is the best to get free targeted traffic. I did my best so far to do my landing page on this product. I did not do any blog or social media promotions yet.

My question is: by just depending on SEO when can I see visitors coming in? Does it take 7 days after or 2 weeks after before I see my site on the first page of Google? I have been checking my hit counter in this site since 2 days ago and I have not seen any visits so far.

I did the keyword market research. I did found the 10 best keywords with high volume search count and low competition by checking the SQ page ranking. I placed the keywords in the meta tags: keywords and description in the site html. I have some images and a visible link to my affiliate product. I added the reviews from happy clients. Did I miss anything that I should do to see the first visitors and see my site on the first page of Google by just depending on SEO? Thanks a lot in advance to your answers!
michael025
Trust:
Hi Juderm,

Actually, it takes a little more time to get your page ranking on the first page. When you say SEO, are you doing both on page and off page SEO? Have you been consistently building backlinks?

Also, I would suggest that you try doing more off page SEO such as building backlinks by posting on niche related forums as doing so might get you to see more visitors on your site even if your page is not ranking yet. Building good relationships on a niche forum would allow you to get the forum members to visit your site, and recommend your site to their contacts as well if they find your website insightful.....
juderm
Trust:
Thanks michael025! Actually I have just done the on page SEO! Yes I know that it is important also to do the off page SEO, however my concern is after doing the on page SEO will I see any results yet in the Google page ranking and see hit visits? Will that arrive after a 7 days doing this SEO, then if I did the off page SEO will I see results even quicker than 7 days? This is just an example just to explain further my question.

I heard from others that if I did the on page SEO I will see already results after about a week or two then if I work further optimizing it by doing the off page SEO, my traffic will even increase more. Hope to hear more info. Thanks again!
faradina
Trust:
Unfortunately, there is no set time for seeing visitors on your page. It first has to be indexed and then ranked on the search engines to get visitors through search engine referrals. As for direct traffic, if you have not yet started building backlinks, you won't get any yet.

On-page SEO alone is not enough to bring traffic; you need to build backlinks as well.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
You might see a slight benefit with google by on page seo, but I feel you have been led astray. The fact is that it takes a lot of work to get ranking in the almighty Google, especailly with a new site. There is so much spam content added every day that they dont trust a new site very much.

What you need to do is follow a good link building strategy, and start adding content to your site. You really need more than 1 page. as you add new content, and build links to that content, over time google will rank your site.

if someone told you that you could get a site up and making money from free traffic in 7 days, they lied to you. although you might get lucky, and get a few sales, most people take several months to get their first site making money. the thing with seo is that it is generally hands free once you get a page ranking. however. it does take a lot of work to get there initially, especially when you are brand new.

I recommend checking out this link building plan as a good place to start:
http://www.jamespruitt.net/social-marketing-strategy/
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

juderm
Trust:
Thanks a lot on your time to answer my questions! So it's obvious that SEO will take time and backlinks have to be built to get relsults. Now this is my big question: WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET QUICK TRAFFIC AND GET SALES? It sounds like paid advertising by means of PPC ads like Google Adwords and Facebook ads are the way to go to get fast results. But I don't have much money now to do this that is why I am hoping to get to use SEO for free traffic with sales results.

Now if I do this according thur SEO, I will have to wait at least 6 months to get results. Looks like lots of patience to have to see this. What do you as your strategy? I know I am new here and I have to learn a lot more. What I see is that every affiliate product has a landing page and promote them by means of SEO. Or should I make each of these affiliate products a website of its own? I am confuse! Can anyone clarify this please. Thanks a lot for your help. I am actually excited to learn more and start my business.
michael025
Trust:
There is no quick surefire way to ensure that you get quick traffic and sales....you have to have a bit of luck to do that.....as I suggested earlier, the quick way to do it even without ranking on google yet is by establishing yourself as an authority figure in a niche related forum....be part of the forum community and give free information, and participate in the discussions..,.Once people start relying on your replies, you'll be surprised at how many would click through to your sites to check products you recommend,

You might want to check the link James posted above....the insights he provides are from his own experience, and you might find them useful....
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
The fact is that traffic requires you to invest either time into doing a lot of manual work, or money in paying for ads. even if you invest in PPC, it takes time to tweak a campaign and get targeted traffic that converts. a lot of the people I have talked to say they spend 500-1000 or more on PPC before they start seeing profitable results, so you really need to make sure you have some expendable income.

For free traffic, there are ways to get some really great traffic, but most of them take time to work. Rather than waiting for google, I prefer going to the source. finding out where people hang out, and going there myself, branding myself as an authority, and getting to know potential customers personally.

It can take time to do that, especially if you are very new, but it still works faster than waiting 6 months for SEO rankings.

Some ways that you can get some links and direct traffic while waiting for search rankings are

social bookmarking sites
Blog commenting,
guest posting on popular blogs within your niche
forums (one of my favorites)
Facebook groups and fan pages related to your niche (not just your own)

Check out the website traffic guide in my signature file, or the post I shared earlier. they are both filled with my own experiences in generating free traffic, and will give you some realistic ideas of how fast you can expect to see them working for you.

also, although SEO can take months of work, there are some things you can do to get ranking faster, it just takes time and consistent work, and focus.

Look at keywords you are targeting, and find less competitive keywords. I often build new sites targeting keywords that get really low search volumes. they wont bring a lot of traffic, but you can rank for them much quicker and spend more time focusing on your content and less time link building.

also, think about getting pages on your site ranking rather than getting a site ranking. google rankings focus on each page on an individual basis, so the more pages you have ranking, the more traffic you can get.

you can put up a small site with just a few pages of content targeting highly searched, competitive keywords and take 6-8 months before you see any rankings, or you can go for less competitive terms, and get them ranking within 2 months, or less.

Create content that others want to share with others. This is really where most people fail. they write articles that are not really great, just to have pages on their site.

spend time on your content, and you will create a buzz around your site. This is why you see long list posts like 50 ways to xyz, or 100 tips to ....

these list posts get a lot of people talking, and people will want to share it with their friends who are also interested in your topic. they take a lot of time and research, but they create a buzz, and get the natural linking to your site.

One of the fastest ways to get some traffic is through forums. I join 3-4 forums in every niche, and try to post helpful posts (like this one). I try to do at least 4-5 posts a day, helping answer people's problems. By doing this, I build up my reputation pretty quickly, and gain the trust of the people there. I don't generally link to my own sites in posts, although if it is allowed, I do on ocassion, especially if I have a post on my own site that answers someone's questions.

you have to be careful with self promotion on forums, which is where most people fail. the more you do it, and the better your reputation is, the more you can get away with it, but still, you need to avoid it where possible. some forums also don't allow it at all, so you have to walk a fine line. Always make sure you follow the rules of any forum.

a lot of forums allow links in your signature but not in your posts. some forums allow these links to be indexed with google but a lot of them don't. due to the spammers. forums arent really as much about getting a link as they are about branding yourself and helping people.

All the social networking I talk about is dependant on persanal experience in your niche. I am not an expert at any of my niches, but I do have a lot of experiences, and I use those experiences to brand myself. I also am personally interested in every niche I go into. I personally think if you go into a niche for the money, you are wasting time (but that is just my opinion). when doing things, ask yourself if you never made any money at it, would it still be worth your time? if the answer is no, then you are in the wrong niche.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Mar 23, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.