Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

When to submit your site to the Yahoo Search Engine?

davmontrose
Trust:

When to submit your site to the Yahoo Search Engine?

Hi everyone,
This is Davin here, and well I just joined Affilorama this morning, and am totally pumped up. I do have a question already.

My site is pretty much ready to publish, I've been working on it for a while now, it's around 15 pages or so, and I was going to add a few more things before I actually published.

I've optimized it to the best of my understanding using methods from Brad Callen and Loius Allport etc.

My question is I was going through the 90 day Road Map and noticed that, there is only one point at which you submit your site to the Yahoo Search Engine. Now is this because Google and the others will pick it up automatically or what is the deal there. If someone could put me straight on this it would be totally appreciated!! Thanx Cheers Davin :?:
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
The best way to submit your site to the search engines is actually........... not too. Let your site get spidered automatically. Is there another site that links to yours? Submit that page to the search engines and your site will get picked up :D

Adrian,
davmontrose
Trust:
The best way to submit your site to the search engines is actually........... not too. Let your site get spidered automatically. Is there another site that links to yours? Submit that page to the search engines and your site will get picked up :D

Adrian, hmmm that's interesting, well thanx so much for setting me straight on that, the Road Map does make all the more sense to me now.
Davin
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing "wrong" with submitting your site. I just find it works better when it is found by the spiders themselves. All the best and welcome.

Adrian,