Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

What's a good method of trading links?

PremiumMember
cdidcott
Trust:

Hi all,

Obviously my site is new, has a page rank of 0 :oops: and doesn't yet have enough content to make it look cool.

What do other sites want to see or hear from me to make them more likely to want to trade links?

Thanks.
rentoinc
Trust:
Hi

You can email the site owner and tell them your site is new and just started a link campaign. Explain to them that you only do link exchange with related site.

Good luck

Rento

cdidcott wrote:Hi all,

Obviously my site is new, has a page rank of 0 :oops: and doesn't yet have enough content to make it look cool.

What do other sites want to see or hear from me to make them more likely to want to trade links?

Thanks.
PremiumMember
cdidcott
Trust:
Thanks Rento

I'll try that method, I'd only tried paid links up 'till now.

Colin
alvin
Trust:
Hey Colin,

Don't forget these other methods of getting links back to you:

1. Directories with high PR
2. Articles submitted to article directories with high PR
3. Forum posts with your signatures

When I check my backlinks, I've found that Google (and other SEs) DO register these links as incoming links.

@
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
The most efficient link building strategy involves an array of things. It consists of article marketing and pointing the links back to the sub pages and silos of your website. This will allow your site to rank highly for the lesser searched terms which in turn, will up your rankings for your general keyword over time. You cannot rank highly for a general term UNLESS you rank for the smaller ones first.

Try to keep link trading relevant with other sites in your industry and then start to branch out with other sites. I use article marketer for my article links, linkmetroto run my directory, and linkmarketto trade links. I find linkmarket has better quality sites. In fact they do, it's not just my opinion. Remember, use your keyword you want to rank for as the anchor text in your link trading.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I would also agree with Adrian. I've had a lot of success with article marketing. If you can submit to tons of directories, you will find that other people pick these articles up and put them on their site, creating even more links back to your site.

One article I wrote before going on holiday 2.5 months ago, now appears on about 150 other webpages. As long as your articles are high quality, people will want to grab them.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
I have to add my two pence worth regarding article links:

I've been primarily an Adsense site builder for the past year and a half, affiliate marketing is new for me BUT with my Adsense sites, I would submit articles to get the ball rolling for my sites with great success. Article marketing is mandatory IMO.

Link Directories and LinkMetro are my other tools.

PC
PremiumMember
cdidcott
Trust:
Wow! I though this thread had dried up long ago.

Some really useful stuff added recently.

Thanks all.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
If you can find relevant blogs, go and make a comment on them. Spend a few seconds working out what the post is about before posting and then make a decent comment. Don't spam them or you'll just get your links deleted.

I think it's also easier if you email potential link partners and offer to link to them first if they reply to the email. Saves so much time adding links, then deleting them when you don't get a reply.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world