Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

What is a Blog "Carnival"

burkhardt5
Trust:

What is a Blog "Carnival"

Hey all!

I was just reading a post about link building sites and how to post on them. Most of it was simple info until I came across a list of sites that they called "blog carnivals".

Check it out here. http://www.buzzblogger.com/500-places-to-syndicate-your-content/

I think these are what we refer to as blog networks but i'm not sure, any thought's.

Never Give Up!
Paul
Paul J. Burkhardt

seogorilla
Trust:
Hi Paul, that;s a good list for sure. A Blog Carnival is a blog network that contains links to other articles covering a specific topic.

Most blog carnivals are hosted by a rotating list of frequent contributors to the carnival, and serve to both generate new posts by contributors and highlight new bloggers posting matter in that subject area.
pepdealc
Trust:
Blog Carnival means a number of blog are linking to each other's blog on a specific topic
leviserichard
Trust:
A Blog Carnival is a particular kind of blog community. There are many kinds of blogs, and they contain articles on many kinds of topics. Blog Carnivals typically collect together links pointing to blog articles on a particular topic. A Blog Carnival is like a magazine. It has a title, a topic, editors, contributors, and an audience. Editions of the carnival typically come out on a regular basis (e.g. every monday, or on the first of the month). Each edition is a special blog article that consists of links to all the contributions that have been submitted, often with the editors opinions or remarks.

There is so much stuff in the blog-o-sphere, just finding interesting stuff is hard. If there is a carnival for a topic you are interested in, following that carnival is a great way to learn what bloggers are saying about that topic. If you are blogging on that topic, the carnival is the place to share your work with like-minded bloggers.

Blog Carnival is the place to come to find carnivals you are interested in, to submit your blog articles to carnivals where they belong, and to organize and maintain carnivals.
burkhardt5
Trust:
Thank you everyone for your replies.

These carnivals seem to be a black hat type of link building strategy. After the penguin update I don't think that it would be a good idea to use one of these carnivals or do you think it would still be effective?

Thanks
Never Give Up!!!
Paul
Paul J. Burkhardt

albertstephen0
Trust:
Blog carnival is a good strategy and useful tip for a blog writers. When we writing a blog on a specific topic we can add other blog in the same specific topic if we found that will be useful for our visitors we can share that blog's address for our viewers.
Reputation Management
burkhardt5
Trust:
It sounds to me like using blog carnivals may not be great for link building but may be a great source of dirrect traffic over time. Is anyone else getting good results from this?

I'm going to create some brand new blogs in a new niche and see what happens over time. I'll post about them after a few months.

Never Give Up!!!
Paul
Paul J. Burkhardt

angelinwilliams87
Trust:
Blog carnivals are collections of blog posts that share a common theme but are written by different authors.
Last edited by angelinwilliams87 on 25 Feb 14 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zardeven
Trust:
hi nice discussion about blog Carnival thanks for latest and nice topic...
Website design

This topic was started on Jul 28, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.