Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

What competion level should I go for?

thehotboss
Trust:

What competion level should I go for?

hey i am new affiliate and just planning my first affiliate website for that i select a niche and currently doing the keyword research using traffic travis. i have generated more than 50 keywords competition level anything between 2 to 4 so please tell which keyword i should target.

Another question i have is lots of my keyword are like "stop dog fighting" and "stop dog fight" so i have question that i need to create a new article both keyword or one article will do for the both keywords because my most of keyword are the same .please reply me so that i can build my first website by this weekend.

Regards
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You could use the information below to choose your keywords based on the keyword difficulty feature of Traffic Travis.
(Assuming you have a total of 30 articles on your site)

Difficulty (Star) Rating:

0 - 3 articles at most
1 - 4 articles at most
2 - 6 articles at most
3 - 10 articles at most
4 - 20 articles at most
5 - 30

thehotboss wrote:Another question i have is lots of my keyword are like "stop dog fighting" and "stop dog fight" so i have question that i need to create a new article both keyword or one article will do for the both keywords because my most of keyword are the same .please reply me so that i can build my first website by this weekend

You could do split one 1000-word article into two pages and optimize the first page for "stop dog fighting" and the second page for "stop dog fight".
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

oscarkool
Trust:
I don't see any keyword difficulty meter on traffic travis, where are you finding this?
thehotboss
Trust:
Hi,

Just open the traffic travis and chose analayze the seo competition and enter the keyword and you will find the competition in forms stars more stars means easy and less star means difficult.

Regards
Thehotboss
dollofagrl
Trust:
Hi,

I'm just wondering about the Star rating system in TT.
I just put in my keyword phrase and got 4 Stars (relatively easy) -

So how many articles do I need to write?
Also, is there a way to tell how many backlinks I'll need?

Is the chart above correct, or is that for something different. I thought 1 star is the most difficult, 5 is the easiest..

Liz
nakibk
Trust:
Ya, 1 star is most difficult, and 5 stars is easiest.

The chart above is saying you should have, for example, 20 articles (so 20 of your keywords) at most that are level 4. If you have all level 5 keywords, do all 30 with level 5 keywords. But don't have more than 4 keywords that are level 1

I dunno about backlinks, the more the better I guess :D
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
dollofagrl wrote:Hi,

I'm just wondering about the Star rating system in TT.
I just put in my keyword phrase and got 4 Stars (relatively easy) -

So how many articles do I need to write?
Also, is there a way to tell how many backlinks I'll need?

Is the chart above correct, or is that for something different. I thought 1 star is the most difficult, 5 is the easiest..

Liz

Not more than 20 articles should be in your site on keywords with difficulty level of 4 stars.

Backlinks from high PR sites (such as those that are from .gov or .edu) are preferred :)
Michelle
Customer Support

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

dollofagrl
Trust:
Thanks for the replies...

This chart seems backwards to me. If 0 is most difficult, wouldn't you need more articles to rank, 30? And 4 stars being relatively easy should need 4 articles (not 20). It just doesn't make sense.

So, is there a way to know, or formula to find out how many backlinks I would need?

thanks,
Liz

0 - 3 articles at most
1 - 4 articles at most
2 - 6 articles at most
3 - 10 articles at most
4 - 20 articles at most
5 - 30
camffiti
Trust:
dollofagrl wrote:Thanks for the replies...

This chart seems backwards to me. If 0 is most difficult, wouldn't you need more articles to rank, 30? And 4 stars being relatively easy should need 4 articles (not 20). It just doesn't make sense.

So, is there a way to know, or formula to find out how many backlinks I would need?

thanks,
Liz

0 - 3 articles at most
1 - 4 articles at most
2 - 6 articles at most
3 - 10 articles at most
4 - 20 articles at most
5 - 30

I'm confused about this too, but I've completely missed this part of TT. I better check it out.
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I think what Michellerana was trying to say is that you should be focusing your efforts on the words that are easier to rank for. That's why you want more of you site to be 4 or 5 stars. If you can have a site with all 4 or 5 star phrases as your keywords, then you would have a much easier time ranking for those keywords.

In other words, instead of vying for the first page with the 0 star pages (not impossible, but much more time consuming and harder to crack), we want to tackle the longer tail keywords that few are trying to go after and are really more targeted anyway, thus better conversions.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

dollofagrl
Trust:
Thanks for your thoughts on this.. It just makes it that much easier to have a formula, or map to go by, cause I'm usually feeling like a small ship out in a big ocean with no land in site, if you know what I mean.

Liz
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Hi Liz,

Sorry for the confusion. Your site should be optimized only for a few keywords which are tough to rank for (0 or 1 star ratings) otherwise, it will be difficult for your site to rank well.

It would be best if the pages on your site are optimized for relatively easy keywords but sometimes Mark does optimize a few of his pages on difficult keywords based on hunch :) But these pages should not be more than 10% of the total pages on your site. Grady gave a good advice when he said that you should focus your efforts on words that you could rank well for :)

Cheers,
Michelle
Michelle
Customer Support

billwynne
Trust:
michellerana wrote:Hi Liz,

Sorry for the confusion. Your site should be optimized only for a few keywords which are tough to rank for (0 or 1 star ratings) otherwise, it will be difficult for your site to rank well.

It would be best if the pages on your site are optimized for relatively easy keywords but sometimes Mark does optimize a few of his pages on difficult keywords based on hunch :) But these pages should not be more than 10% of the total pages on your site. Grady gave a good advice when he said that you should focus your efforts on words that you could rank well for :)

Cheers,
Michelle

I really appreciate this post. I got Traffic Travis Premium and love it. It is a very powerful tool. Michelle, are you saying that you should have a site only try for 3-5 keywords? Are you referring to a niche type site? I think I know the answer but wanted to make sure. For example if you want to create a large site with many products you would want to rank each page for a keyword or two, wouldn't you? If I want to have a site that is about Internet Marketing and SEO it would be ok to try to rank your pages for a keyword each wouldn't it? For example: article marketing, seo, traffic travis, affilorama and more. Not all on a page but they are on separate pages on one site.

Is that an acceptable way to try to rank?
To your success,
Bill Wynne
www.billwynne.com

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
billwynne wrote:are you saying that you should have a site only try for 3-5 keywords? Are you referring to a niche type site? I think I know the answer but wanted to make sure.

It is recommended that your site should be at least 30 pages and each page should be optimized on one keyword phrase. Building a niche site will give you better chances of ranking highly. Focusing on one niche puts you in a position where you could study your clients well and serve what they really need.

billwynne wrote:For example if you want to create a large site with many products you would want to rank each page for a keyword or two, wouldn't you? If I want to have a site that is about Internet Marketing and SEO it would be ok to try to rank your pages for a keyword each wouldn't it? For example: article marketing, seo, traffic travis, affilorama and more. Not all on a page but they are on separate pages on one site.

A product review page is optimized on the name of the product (i.e. Traffic Travis review). If you have many products, you could group those who belong to the same category and target a phrase that would describe the products (i.e. Best SEO Softwares).
Michelle
Customer Support

billwynne
Trust:
Thank you Michelle!
(:
To your success,
Bill Wynne
www.billwynne.com

This topic was started on Jan 06, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.