03 Jun 12
27 Jul 12 5:03 am
Natural backlinking will occur when you create great content and get enough exposure to your blog to attract natural backlinks. If your blog is established you will have natural exposure from:
- your regular visitors
- RSS subscribers
- your list
- natural search engine traffic
- your reputation (for example, if people are searching for a topic related to your blog, they will come to your site and search for it)
In this case, when you create great content there is a good chance to attracting backlinks. If you are new blog or not established, you may need to get some eyeballs on your content first, to attract backlinks:
- leave quality comments on related blogs with a link to your blog. Readers of the post and that blog will visit your site. Also the author of the blog where you left the comment may visit and if he likes your content may link to it in the future.
- social bookmarking. If your content is quality or has viral potential, bookmarking may help 'get the ball rolling'.
- contact bloggers in your niche and offer to write a guest post for their blog. This will get you exposure from the author and if they agree, from their readers.
- write quality posts on forums and link to your blog in the signature.