Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Traffic Travis SEO Analysis

redlotus
Trust:

Traffic Travis SEO Analysis

Hello:
I have spent a lot of time putting in keyword terms into TT tonight (still got to do it one search at a time, right?) but everything is coming up as 4 "relatively easy". Did I hit the holy grail of keyword phrases or is something amiss? I'm talking like 20 words in a row. I even put in some words I knew were highly competitive from a PPC standpoint so I assumed they would also be competitive SEO-wise and it still came back with "4". Does this seem weird to anyone else?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Redlotus,

If you are using 3 word phrases like Mark recommends, I believe that for the most part you will be likely to find a higher number of 4s, depending on your niche. I know that for the most part, mine do tend to come up as 4 stars also. The ones that tend to be less than 4 stars , for me, also tend to have much higher search volumes (I'm talking hundreds of thousands here) AND are usually more general as well.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

redlotus
Trust:
Thanks for such a prompt reply, Grady.
I went back and checked with some phrases that came up as "extremely hard" before on another site I worked on, and sure enough, it came back as 1 star (irony, "happily married"..."extremely difficult"!) So you're right, that it probably is working fine.
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
LOL Yes, I can tell you from experience, happily married is extremely difficult... but totally worth the effort ;) Glad you found what I said helpful!

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
There are also a lot of people wh o just dont pay attention to the on page seo. TT mainly focuses on the on page factors. according to the support staff, they are working to incorporate more off page factors as well.

you have to realize, the keyword tool looks at like 40-50 factors, i believe (faradina said it in another pos) however, according to Matt Cutts of Google, they are looking at o ver 200 factors when ranking a site.

they try the best they can to look at the factors that they can figure out, but the only ones that know everything work for Google and arent talking.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

PremiumMember
nick
Trust:
jmpruitt is correct.The current tool favours onpage factors at the moment and we dont check for nearly as many things as Google does.

We are working on improving this as believe it or not - we get a bit of feedback about that section of the tool.

This topic was started on Jun 18, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.