Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Traffic Travis SEO Analysis - competing w/ authority sites

ade05
Trust:

Traffic Travis SEO Analysis - competing w/ authority sites

I'm following Mark's method from the blog bootcamp of doing Traffic Travis SEO Analysis on each keyword I'm considering creating a page for. He uses the difficulty rating to gauge the suitability of each keyword. I'm doing this for my keywords and many words are given a relatively easy to rank 4* rating. Yet they have authority sites like BBC, About.com, 11 year old sites, sites with pr 5s, thousands of backlinks for the page and the site in the top 10-20 sites.

I really don't think it is going to be relatively easy to rank against these sites with a little old affiliate site trying to flog a bit of software or ebook. Maybe I'm wrong, can anyone give me a bit of perspective on these Traffic Travis rankings as I am a bit hesitant about trying the compete against these sites ? Thanks.

Example : pos 6 is BBC, pr6, age12,bl4150,bls2million

Maybe I'm a monkey's uncle but I can't see my site ever ranking above this, yet Traffic Travis is saying relatively easy...I'm confused.
Last edited by michellerana on 16 Dec 09 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title

Follow my internet marketing journey over at http://adrianwhittle.com and learn from my mistakes before you make them yourself.

ade05
Trust:
Also, one site appears for more than one keyword, however the age of the domain is given as 0 for one keyword and 6 for the other. Doesn't add up.
Follow my internet marketing journey over at http://adrianwhittle.com and learn from my mistakes before you make them yourself.

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Look at the on page SEO for those sites. If they do not have it in place, then you can usually knock them down with a lot less links. I have several pages that are beating out 10 year old sites with thousands of links, and I only have a few hundred.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

stargate66
Trust:
Did an analysis this morning for a very common subject matter and was amazed to see that the "minno's" outranked some really big guns. I think anybody can be outranked. Your content, keywords and relativity just need to be better than theirs for your niche keywords.

Kick butt!
For over all wellness you need a solid Omega 3 fatty acids intake
http://www.earth-edge.com

jacky chan
Trust:
I use the keyword "make money online" in Traffic Travis, search location is US,
surprisingly the outcome is 4 stars rated.

But when i look into the top ten 10 websites, the pagerank is between 2-5,
which is quite a high ranking. And the backlink also are few thousands.
Suppose should be very hard in getting higher ranking by using this keyword.

While i changed the location to Malaysia, another surprise outcome is: the stars scored is 1,
means very difficult. But i think should be easier if according the PR & backlings having for the top 10 website.
But, another problem is: every time i refresh the "Analyze" button, it gave me different
score.....

I am really confuse about that.

Again, i tested the broad keyword "money", the PR of top ten sites is 5-9, but the stars scoring is 3 stars,
i think the result should be 2 or 1 star...it should very hard..

Can anybody help me in this?
lyndaj
Trust:
Hi Jacky Chan,

I just checked "make money online" and "money" for you on TT. Both 0 stars. Maybe you should contact TT support.

Cheers
Lynda
paulturner
Trust:
So, I've been doing some keyword research now, and I have a question.

I have a low competition, high search volume keyword.
The top ranking page on google.

After analyzing the site/ homepage I couldn't see any on-page seo for that search term. The site had about 500 back links, this being the homepage.

So, my question is. How hard can it be outranking that site?

How quickly can it be done?

Thank you!

best luck.
Last edited by sydney on 13 Jan 11 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken link

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
There are a lot of factors involved that noone can answer. the best I can say is try it. I have beat some of those out within 2-3 weeks, and some still take a few months if your site is really new.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

robinjackman
Trust:
nice information about traffic travis seo analysis for website.

This topic was started on Dec 16, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.