Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Traffic Travis' confusing stats

alishan_008
Trust:

Traffic Travis' confusing stats

I got a new idea of making a new site and I started looking up its keywords. Even before touching my laptop, i knew it that each keyword was gonna be highly competitive but still I analyzed the keywords with traffic travis and it gave me absolutely shocking results. Each of the results in Traffic Travis had thousands of backlinks but their on-page SEO was very poor. The keywords were present only in the title. Although each and every page in the top 20 had thousands of backlinks, traffic travis gave "relatively easy" to all the keywords. Here are the snapshots. Is it really "relatively easy" or is it some glitch with Traffic Travis?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I would look at the backlinks to the page, and look at what sites they are. sites like Hubpages, ezine articles, wikipedia, and other authority sites may rank highly due to their authority alone, and if you do some good on page seo and build good backlinks, they are usually pretty easy to knock off.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Without seeing the keywords I can't say for sure, but I would guess that the sites that are currently ranking high for those keywords don't have very good on page optimization for the keywords. So in the absence of having any highly relevant results to show, google has shown sites that have lots of backlinks and age, etc. But it may be relatively easy to surpass those kinds of sites in the rankings with a site that has a reasonable number of backlinks, particularly on topic relevant backlinks with relevant anchor text and good on page optimization.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

alishan_008
Trust:
WOW. o.O
I think asking this doubt on this forum was among the best decisions of my life. My doubt gets clarified by MARK LING himself. o.O
Could I ask for a better solution?
And jmpruitt as well made a very effective point.
If i look at those search results now, both mark and jmpruitt's words stand true. In fact, almost all of them are authority sites of that niche.
joshuas
Trust:
If this is a potentially profitable niche then I would do as Mark suggests and build a site with some good quality links and on page optimization.

It's worthwhile to note the kind of search volume you're getting though. Sometimes it may be an 'easy' task to top the competing pages for a particular keyword but it might not bring in much leads or income because it only has a handful of searches a day.

I think Mark recommends at least several thousand searches per month from a group of keywords as a rule of thumb. It does depend on the niche you are targeting though.

This topic was started on Feb 11, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.