Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Traffic - How do you know where its coming from

magtan
Trust:

Traffic - How do you know where its coming from

Hi guys & gals,
will really appreciate some advise here. I am trying to drive traffic to my site from a product that I got from clickbank.

I am leaving a link in my signatures on forums, writing articles and answering questions from Yahoo Answers. Ideally, all these channels should drive traffic to my website. But how do I know how much traffic did I get from each of these?

I will like to know so that I know which area I should put in more effort to drive more traffic and which I should drop totally.

Also, I am going onto a few forums, so it will be useful if I know of a way to find out which forum is giving me result and which is not.

Any advice will be greatly appreciate.

Thanks

jpastorizo
Trust:
Do you have Google Analytics installed in your website code already? If not, then you have to do that to find out where the traffic to your site is coming from.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

magtan
Trust:
Hi Renato,
thanks for your reply. Yes, I put the analytics code on my home page, but won't analytics only tell me how many visitors I have. Will it be able to provide a report specifying if the visitors click on the link in my forum signature or in my article or in my yahoo answers as the link in these 3 places are the same?

Regards

jpastorizo
Trust:
If you check your Google Analytics "Traffic Sources" you will see where the traffic is coming from (Referring Sites). If you only have 1 link for each of the sources you mentioned then it will be safe to say that the traffic was brought in by those links shown in the report as "Referring Sites".
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

sonitin
Trust:
Just in case you don't want to use Google analytics, there are a lot of free/paid options like:

Statcounter.com
Getclicky.com
Openwebanalytics.com

ClickTale.com is another interesting one as it gives you a great insight on how your visitors deal with your website.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

magtan
Trust:
Many thanks for all your replies. I will try 1 first and see how it goes.

foolsmark
Trust:
Google Analytics works fine for me.

This topic was started on Mar 29, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.