Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Traffic generation - How can I increase it?

colbor
Trust:

Traffic generation - How can I increase it?

I have set up my website (blog) - actually it has been there since Oct. 06 and have had about 3,000 visitors. My archive site with all the blog episodes gets about 30 -40 visitors a day in a good week. I have quite a few Adsense ads, affiliate links (even Affilorama !) and still no traffic to speak of. All the photos on the blog are my own. I have been on SEO for a few months now and been concentrating on sending articles to the Directories etc. but it does not seem to be getting me anywhere. The blog is regularly updated. I got my wrists slapped by Google because I used traffic generation for a while - then I stopped it obviously !

Can anyone advise me on where to go from here?? Should I try e mail marketing now and is Awber the best one and how difficult is it to set up - do you need to configure a POP or what ? Thanks for your help!

Robert
*broken link*
http://www.20six.co.uk/colbor
Last edited by michellerana on 26 Feb 10 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove broken link

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
colbor wrote:I have set up my website (blog) - actually it has been there since Oct. 06 and have had about 3,000 visitors. My archive site with all the blog episodes gets about 30 -40 visitors a day in a good week. I have quite a few Adsense ads, affiliate links (even Affilorama !) and still no traffic to speak of. All the photos on the blog are my own. I have been on SEO for a few months now and been concentrating on sending articles to the Directories etc. but it does not seem to be getting me anywhere. The blog is regularly updated. I got my wrists slapped by Google because I used traffic generation for a while - then I stopped it obviously !

Can anyone advise me on where to go from here?? Should I try e mail marketing now and is Awber the best one and how difficult is it to set up - do you need to configure a POP or what ? Thanks for your help!

Robert
*broken link*
http://www.20six.co.uk/colbor

Hi Colbor,

What exactly are you doing to SEO your blog? Just article submissions? If you have had 3000 visitors without an adsense click or an affiliate sale you are doing something wrong. My thoughts on your site.... well I don't know which site you are trying to monetize? The blog site is better done than the queen one. However, you need to fix the navigation in yellow text. Without sounding harsh, it's awful.

I suggest you try to promote either adsense with a newsletter and then do a course and try to promote something via newsletter OR you do an affiliate site based around a certain market. Your queeninitaly site looks like a whole bunch of products slapped on there without any real clear cut course saying "hey world - This is what I am promoting" . I have no idea what you want to do with that site. Also the images on that site need to be optimized. Please let me know what you want to go ahead with and we can work from there. As a side note - if you just recently started doing SEO don't expect any results for at least 6 months. This industry is very lucrative but it takes a lot of patience and hard work to get there.

All the Best!
Adrian,
Last edited by sydney on 29 Mar 11 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: remove broken link

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
hey colbor, watch a few more of Marks videos, they should give you more of an idea of how to go about affiliate sites.

The 90 day plan will help you come up with a weekly to do list, so you know exactly what to do.

And of course, theres always us in the forums :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I'm with Adrian... I don't quite know what to make of your sites! Queeninitaly.com has got me scratching my head... I don't see any navigation that isn't ads, and the ads are ALL OVER the page and mostly irrelevant to the topic. That's if I could figure out what the topic is :)

I don't mean to sound harsh, but if I can't tell what your site is about within about ten seconds, I'm going to get frustrated and click the back button. I gather that the blog is a satire of some sort, but... why?

I think you need to sit down and figure out what the focus of your site is. What are you promoting? Or, what sort of people are you hoping to attract to your site, and what are they interested in that could make you money? At the moment it looks to me like you've had an idea to make a site, and only afterwards you're thinking about trying to make money off it and you're struggling to see how. Of course you can correct me if I'm wrong!

Take the time to watch the videos and read the material on market research and see if things become clearer for you.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive