Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Traffic from submitting articles

PremiumMember
nick
Trust:

Traffic from submitting articles

Hey =)
My turn to ask a question hehe.

Anyone here submit articles they have writen to places like
http://www.articledashboard.com/login2submitart.php

I think you would need to submit to quite a few of these palces and also would need to submit a few articles... and probly the only real gain will be the link on there website back to yours for the search engines....

Anyone had any experience with this?
I might whip up a site sometime this week and give it a shot - will keep track of the traffic and report back :-)
PremiumMember
splork
Trust:
I used a tool to submit some articles to like 200 or so article directories, many running the AD software. If you searched for my article it was listed in the SE. Alot for the first few days but then the SE's started showing:

"In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the ones already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included."

I never saw much in the way of traffic increase. And it never did much for my rankings. I guess if you wrote and submitted an article a day for the same site it might help.

Other people feel like article submission is the real deal so what do I know...
Servicing the web sewers since 2006 http://lostballinhighweeds.com

clifftan
Trust:
Regarding submission to many articles directories,is it going to dilute our google ranking if inbound links begins to come from sites that are not related to our topic.

For example, a few weeks after submission to A.Directories, I found that I have a few inbound links for my site about "farmtractor.com" which comes from irrelevant websites, like allaboutbmw.com, carcrash.com, coolbikes.com, etc.. I suppose this will affect my ranking to a certain extent..

Does anyone have a different view?

rgds,
Clifford
PremiumMember
marclindsay
Trust:
I have a different view on this.

I use articlemarketer and love it. Then again I also submit alot of articles. They submit to multiple article sites for you automatically and it has raised my rankings in alot of sites very significantly.

It is all about employing an overall strategy. Not just following one method.

Just my personal experience on it all.

Regards
Marc
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
I looked at articlemarketer and it seems very good.When you submit an article,am I to understand you do not include any links in the body of the text the way you would if you were writng an e-book? So if you were using the same material for an e-book,you would have one "viral" version with links and one without? The articles have your link only at the bottom is this right? I need to know as much as I can becuase I am going to buid a site with articles and I am going to use the articles (or some of them) as an e-book also,What do you think? good idea?