Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Stupefied About EzineArticles Quality

heavysm
Trust:

Stupefied About EzineArticles Quality

I am currently creating backlinks for my site both by automated services and manual article submissions to ezine and other directories. I put a lot of time and effort into the quality of my articles and sometimes get my articles slapped, typically by ezine, for really small things. I really wanted to find out what other top article writers wrote (and the quality of their writing as well) so I checked out the top 25 or so writers on ezine.

It pretty much stupefied me to see a handful of authors with super vague articles written just over the minimum of 250 words with great titles but vague and near crap body content. These men/women have 1000+ articles but the quality of their content is like an 8th grader writing. I get one of my articles slapped because I accidently put three hints about blah blah when my title says four. I failed to fulfill the promise of my article title yes, that is my fault, but I think the quality of writing these guys are doing is bull****. And worse these articles are on internet marketing. It seems they just spit out the vaguest idea about how to make money online and there ya go, a quality article.

This just really- honest to writing integrity- pissed me off. I will grant that there are equally as many great writers in the top of ezine as the low grade that I noticed, but most of these folks are not in the internet marketing niche. It makes me feel like an idiot for putting so much effort into my own articles that are barely getting any views. Intensely frustrating to say the least, but I am not one to give up. It really just makes me think that ezine is just happy to receive the bare minimum of what they require.

*As a note, I put the same post on the warrior forum. This just really shook me, thats all =/
faradina
Trust:
IMHO, even if there are writers there who put out not-so-good articles, it is best that we aim for the highest quality that we can come up with. Ezinearticles, is, after all, an article directory and there are entities who actually go there searching for articles that they can re-print or re-publish. If yours are high quality there's greater probability of getting your articles republished and that means more backlinks for you.

And authors do get some sort of following from there, too. High quality articles mean more will like them and you have more chances of getting regular readers as well as subscribers.
heavysm
Trust:
It really just rubbed me the wrong way to see a relatively well known marketer with a profile full of 250-260 word vague internet marketing articles. When you are just doing a few articles, lets say less than a hundred overall, I can see the benefit of submitting low grade articles for backlinks and possibly traffic. But this guy had several thousand. That isn't to become a quality writer, thats to get as many backlinks to your site as possible with the added benefit of visitors coming in.

This may be all the meaning some people hold for article directories, but not me. If I want content branded to my name for a relatively reputable article directory my work needs to be quality before I think about visitors or anything else related to promoting my site.
robinjackman
Trust:
ezine article website doesn't accept any article because always they showing some mistakes in article.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
too many well known marketers teach to spam the article directories with crap, and only use them for backlinks. then people wonder why they fail. If you do your articles right, post good quality articles, you can get a lot of traffic through those articles directly as well as backlinks to your site.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Sep 29, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.