Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Statistically what is best, PPC or SEO?

snakebite
Trust:

Statistically what is best, PPC or SEO?

Is there a way of knowing? Would there be an obvious increase in traffic/sales? What do you use?
Thanks!
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
That's just about impossible to answer, each have their pros and cons. PPC can give you an immediate increase in traffic but SEO can take a little longer.

I use both, but I can't recommend either until I know more about your situation.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

snakebite
Trust:
sean06 wrote:That's just about impossible to answer, each have their pros and cons. PPC can give you an immediate increase in traffic but SEO can take a little longer.

I use both, but I can't recommend either until I know more about your situation.

Well would it be ok to switch from SEO to PPC on a site if you come into money or is each site best left alone on how you start it off traffic wise?

Hope my questions don't sound too dumb. :roll:
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
PPC is great if:

a) You have the money to fund it (and for the period of time it's going to take to tweak the campaign so that it starts to make money... this can cost quite a bit initially!)

b) You know what you're doing. This means that you know how to analyze your campaign thoroughly to see what's working, what isn't, where the money is coming from, where it's being lost. You also need to understand what can be done to lower your bid prices, how to find profitable keywords, what things you can tweak on your site to increase your conversions... there's lots to know.

A solid grounding in SEO, and experience having created a couple of SEO sites will definitely help you with your PPC. You'll feel much better about experimenting with your site, tweaking things and trying new tactics when you're not actually paying for your traffic.

If you think you're up to it, make sure you've watched all the lessons in Affilorama on PPC (particularly finding profitable keywords) and make sure you check out the interview we did with Gauher Chaudhry, since a very large part of that is about PPC.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive