Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Starting off with internet marketing and SEO

dewey
Trust:

Starting off with internet marketing and SEO

Noob here, checkin' in for the first time. Name's Josh, aka "Dewey". Let me introduce myself. I've always had high hopes that one day I'd make it as an entrepreneur. I've tried many things and never found anything that I could get off the ground without a massive risk and effort...so I haven't. School has always kept me busy, so I could never devote myself full time to anything I wanted to try entrepreneurial...then again, I wonder if over the years it has become a crutch for me...an excuse to not try. As soon as I got my job, I started grad school, thinking it would help me even more, but lately I've been asking myself..."help me with what? Work at another job for even longer?"

I'm currently 2 years out of school, tied to the corporate life, working for a huge company, and to be honest, really, really hating coming in to work on most Mondays. Life is now so draining just doing things at work that I often can't find time to go out and socialize. When I was in school, I studied in Auckland, and have a ton of friends down there. I catch myself daydreaming a lot about how awesome it would be to have the money to be able to go back to New Zealand and hang with all the people I really care about again and just be free to do the business I want to do. When I saw Mark's clip from TV3, I knew I was in the right place. (All New Zelanders are cool..they can't help it). I hope one day I can break free, and finally make enough to travel again without worrying about being back by 9am on Monday morning.

I got started following internet marketing since about November of last year, when I stumbled on Ed Dale of the infamous 30 Day Challenge...anybody know him? Is he any good? I liked the prospect of internet marketing because it looks like you can start without a ton of risk or capital, and build as you go.

Anyway, I think I'm on to a really good place here. Mark, it looks like you are the real deal. Your site is great...it's 3:30 am, and for the 4th night in a row, I'm still not asleep...glued to the screen.

I'm going to start with the 90-day vids, and hopefully be off to the races before long. You know, while I'm here...Ed's raving about something called "Search Engine Trust" at the moment that's supposed to be just sweet-as. It's kind of a paid link thing, but instead of buying backlinks, you pay by the month for the right to post links to your sites on well established blogs they have purchased that all have a high PR. Anybody heard of this? Sounds like Google may be in the market to shut down article submission sites someday soon though if this engineer Matt what's-his-name has his way. What happens to SEO then?

Anyway, I'm an uber-typer, so I'll stop. It's great to be here. You guys all rock, and inspire me already. It's my goal to make $1000 in a month. Here I go.

-Josh ("Dewey")
geoff pun
Trust:
:D welcome josh, hope u have fun here... lots to learn, u just bring in the passion & stamina, man.... check out the newbie section affilliate 101 & introduce yourself to other newbies like me.
https://www.affilorama.com/members/forum ... t1185.html

moreover we have a bunch of helpful seasoned marketers like mark that can help u along.

cheer :lol: geoff
Last edited by geoff pun on 11 May 07 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
hey Josh, you're in the right place. It's good that you're getting stuck into the videos, it's important that you educate yourself before jumping in the deep end.

Let us know when you're ready to put a site up and we can help you out.

Goodluck :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

diogenes
Trust:
A guy with your attitude won't get it wrong. Affilorama is an awesome site and you are going to get heaps out of the forum here.
Hope to see you over here in Kiwiland some time soon.
Best o fluck ....

Dale
Earn and Learn in your own Online Profitable Home Based business ..

http://work-from-home.nzmkr.com
http://askfordale.ws

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Bahh I was late to say hello........... so hello.

The link program you mention is similar to the blog posting Portal Feeder offers... as for article directories.. not sure about that in the future.
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Hey Josh - glad to meet you!

Good luck in reaching your goals, you're definitely in the right place to work towards them :D

PC