Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Spinning and keyword density

heavysm
Trust:

Spinning and keyword density

When I spin my article for mass distribution do I still need to keep that 1% or so keyword density for my chosen keyword?
heavysm
Trust:
Alright, a slightly different question on building back links through article marketing. Has any one ranked highly on their keyword(s) using just article submission services like Unique Article Wizard or similar?
robinjackman
Trust:
not knowing about spinning but keyword density ratio should between 3%-8%.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
ummm 3-8% is really bad advice. 1% is what Mark teaches, and sometimes that is too much.

just my opinion, but part of the purpose of spinning is to target different keywords. I recommend choosing 4-5 keywords relevant to your article and have different spins targeting a different keyword. this will give you a chance to rank for a variety of searches with your syndicated articles.

heavysm, although some people do get by just using article submission services, you leave most of the traffic on the table. link building should be done for traffic, not rankings. when you do that you will get way more traffic, and the rankings will follow (usually with less work if you do it right)
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

heavysm
Trust:
jmpruitt, what link building methods do you use? Im sure you have some sort of article submission service and perhaps some blog network. I had the trial of Internet Marketing Advantage for a week and thought it was pretty meaty with tools: articles to both blogs and directories, link building program (really neat), and other pieces of software. Maybe you have your own combination of things you do? Very curious about your methods in particular =)
heavysm
Trust:
I think I answered my own question for the keyword density with spun articles. I submitted two articles that were hand rewritten from my site with 1% density each and ezine slapped both as plr, which they are not, but they see it as that. Use a variety of keywords related to your topic for spun articles. Not sure about the other directories but Ezine at least dislikes anything that looks like plr.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I use mostly manual submissions, although i have few tools that help. some I am testing out, and not ready to really endorse fully yet. howevewr, I spin articles and submit to web2.0 properties, and social bookmark everything.

Basically it is about making yourself known on all the sites. I dont really use networks although I am considering a test using something new.

all most networks do is spam your links on sites that dont get any traffic and do very little for your seo rankings.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Sep 03, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.