Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Setting my back links in comments section of blogs

castledine
Trust:

Setting my back links in comments section of blogs

I am commencing my back linking strategy by commenting in blogs. Some blogs allow commenting and include a Name, email and URL box but some do not have a URL box. URL links to name as I understand it.

Questions:
1.In some instances where a URL box is not available, I have seen other people commenting and have managed to leave a back link their NAME. I have tried using
<a href="http://www.mywebsiteurl.com">Peter</a>
in the Name section of the comment box but it doesn't appear to work. Leaves my name but cannot activate link.
2. Can you leave anchor text links in the comment section or does it have to specify html allowed first.
3. If you cannot leave an anchor text hyper link in the content section [no HTML allowed] is it of any benefit SEO wise leaving just a normal URL. [provided the blog owner doesn't delete it]

If anyone can help I would appreciate your feedback

Thanks

Peter
Peter http://www.myresveratrolreview.com

Click Here Now - To Protect Yourself Against Cancer, Arthritis, Diabetes, Alzheimer's.
Read what this Super Antioxidant from red wine has done for me. Actual results....no Pen names.

sonitin
Trust:
For #1
Most of the blogs will have it automated.. you don't need to insert html code to leave a link to your name. Just enter your name and submit your comment.

For #2
Read thru other comments, again some blog have automated html parsers while other blogs allow links thru html. Some blogs have html disabled. A quick look thru other comments will clear the situation for you.

For #3
depends on the blog and your end goal. If it is just another blog that link might not be of enough value. If its a high traffic and active blog, you will definitely get some visitors. In some cases you might want to leave a comment to start a relationship with the blog owner, the link doesn't matter in that case!
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

castledine
Trust:
Thanks for the info Sonitin - appreciate the feedback

Click Here Now - To Protect Yourself Against Cancer, Arthritis, Diabetes, Alzheimer's.
Read what this Super Antioxidant from red wine has done for me. Actual results....no Pen names.

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
i do a lot of blog commenting, and one thing that I like to look for is KeywordLuv and CommentLuv enabled blogs. These are two plugins that allow an seo friendly do follow comment.

you can find relevent commentluv blogs here:
"http://commentluv.com/"
Last edited by sydney on 21 Mar 11 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken link

Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

castledine
Trust:
Thanks James. Helpful as ever.

BTW - how do you guys manage to insert your links "under the line"

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
it automatically adds that to your latest post if you have a blog when you enter your url. IF you are using the Affilorama theme, it will pull the latest post that you made.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

castledine
Trust:
Sensational.

Thanks again James.

bloggingfornewbies
Trust:
Hi guys,

a quick query.. when you post your comments in other blogs...
what is your preferred page rank level... 3 onwards? I have been posting a lot of my comments on page rank 4 and above and edu websites as well and gov..

any opinions?
oh yeah one more thing... should I post not only my main URL but also other URLs on my site.. does it matter?

Thanks
Adam

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
honestly PR doesnt matter. For one thing, Google doesn't give PR as much credit as they used to. Also, although blog commenting helps some with your seo, dont focus on search rankings.

the point is to get traffic to your site. if you post relevant comments, and join the conversation, you will get traffic to your site. The people who find blog commenting worthless are usually the ones who just post and run for a backlink. The people who succeed with blog commenting are the ones who engage the conversation, return to the post, and stay involved. Also, don't go for just getting a link on hundreds of blogs. Focus on about a dozen blogs within your niche, and become an active memeber of their community. Over time, you will build up trust with the other regulars, and will get direct traffic to your site.

This doesn't take months to do, if you are providing valueable information, and not just doing the general "great post, keep up the good work" kind of comments. A blog is like a social community. join the conversation, help the people coming to that blog, and you will get results. just use it to get backlinks, and like any social site, it is pretty much a waste of time.

sonitin
Trust:
I agree... don't bother too much about page rank level. A bigger issue with higher page rank pages is that they are heavily targeted by spammers and you might find your site listed along with sites linking to adult and gambling products.. not a good thing!
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

castledine
Trust:
As a newbie....I am interested by your comments regarding page rank and the number of blogs to link to.
It seems to divert from the teachings of Affilorama [the higher the page rank the better] and in particular the use of tools like AMA, spread your URL's far and wide across the internet so the spider bots can find them.
I am always very open to peoples views and opinions particularly now as a newbie to the industry.
Thanks James/Sonitin

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
You have to understand, Affilorama teaches basic seo because search engine rankings is the easiest form of traffic to teach total newbies. however, there are many other ways to get traffic. I get good search rankings, but personally, I dont believe in giving google control of my business.

social traffic can give you better results, and faster results, but only if you do it right, and after you spend time building up your relationships. Most people don't have the patience or want to take the time. they want a set it and forget it business that they dont have to do any work to make money.

The first time Google made a change in the algorithm and I lost all of my traffic because i was relying on them too much, I decided not to let them control my business any more.

So, i started learning how to leverage other methods, and focus all of my efforts on getting traffic, not backlinks. The funny thing is now, I get more traffic with less effort. I still get the seo rankings, and it should be a part of your traffic strategy. However, I recommend that once you get a good handle on SEO that you learn other ways to build traffic.

Personally, I outsource the mass link building, and I have found some people who get me high rankings on sites that also bring me traffic, rather than posting thousands of links on low quality blog networks.

One thing I learned years ago, is to listen to the experts, but test things for yourself. I didnt like the results I got form Ama. I did get results, but it was costing more than other methods which gave me more direct traffic to my sites.
i can buy a backlink building package for less money than I spent on AMA plus paying someone to spin my articles for me, and get 5 times the links, on better sites with more traffic to them.

Although I still get high seo rankings, and in fact have tackled some highly competetive keywords, only about 20% of my traffic comes from seo. When I post on a blog, web2.0 site, social bookmarking site, or other any links, I look for the traffic and the seo benefit that it gives me. When going for pure seo, you want massive links. however, if you want massive traffic, look outside the search.

One thing all the SEO experts always drill into people is that Google gets 60% or more of the search traffic so you should focus on them...

however, If ound that only about 40% of all the traffic online USES search engines. More people go to social bookmarking sites, and social networks to find information than search engines now.

Google has realized this and is trying to incorporate more social aspects to their systems, which is another advantage to having a social presence for your website online.

I test everything for myself, and follow what works for me. I see people who started before me still struggling for seo, and going on about how google hates affiliates every time they make a change, while I am not worried about pleasing google and more worried about getting out there and finding customers for myself.

When it comes to PR, i have a PR2 blog, that was pr0 until last month. It outranks PR 7 sites that have been established for 10+ years.

Also, about 30% of my linkbuilding efforts arent even to my own sites. i usually outsource this, but do it some by blog commenting and cross linking my web2.0 properties, following the Web Cash 2.0 methods by Jason Katzenback,( a master of social media marketing, and pretty cool guy for a Canadian).
By giving your article more link juice, they have more to pass on to your site. this will also help them to rank for your keywords as well. I like to optimize every article that I syndicate for a different keyword. by doing that, i can use my spun content and rank on several keywords, driving more diversity of traffic to my site.

sonitin
Trust:
@Castledine

- I am not a big fan of affilorama SEO section because its quite basic.
"The higher the PR the better it is" - is true in more cases but there are a lot of other factors at place like
- the nature of link : dofollow or nofollow
- number of links on that page: the less the better
- nature of links from that page: good spoke vs a bad spoke
- theme of page - a page on healthy niche having links to sports betting site is a bad sign

Similarly with AMA, it was good only in early days or before a public launch and the basic strategy that it follows dates back to 2006. There were some powerful networks back then. I am still subscribed to AMA and keep getting links from there but its not the tool or service that I depend on. Its just to diversify my link base. In my opinion - if you rely on just one type of incoming links then you are doomed for failure sooner or later. Your links should always be spread out and coming from all kind of good sources.

Personally, I have had good success with SEO strategy, not that its fail proof but I personally feel that its a more laid back strategy. Once you have your rankings you can really lay back and focus on other things. If your links are good and built in a solid way (as against some short term tricks) and your page has quality content.. then chances for your sticking in Google search results are pretty high.

The other good thing with search engines is the quality of traffic, when you get rankings with a keyword you basically put yourself in front of an desperate audience. Your traffic composes of people who are making an active effort to look after that product or keyword - this makes them highly qualified buyers and increases your conversions or sign ups (whatever your end goal is). The only other traffic that seems to convert better than this is affiliate/referral traffic - and that is because of a presell or trust factor.
Last edited by sonitin on 01 Aug 10 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PM me for coupon codes!

castledine
Trust:
Gents

Thank you so much for your very detailed responses. They are very much appreciated. I didn't understand everything you said but have picked up on most....I think.
Understand Affilorarma is the launching pad to greater SEO / Social Marketing. Once I understand and master the basics I will be in a better position to journey to the next level [perhaps even your level].

I am certainly open to outsourcing link building [and much more] if the results are as you have both indicated. Initially I will do some basic SEO so I can better understand the concept.

Will have a look around your blogs and keep in contact. May not be for a couple of months however because I am going to Europe in 2 weeks.

Thanks again guys.

Peter

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
your welcome. the main thing is Affilorama is completely targeted to training total newbies. most of us go on to other places and learn more advanced strategies once we have mastered what Mark teaches. there are a few of us who continue to hang around helping others like Mark helped us, but we don't just follow everything that we learn in one place.

For me, i am about to give PPC another try, so I will be learning what mark is teaching in that area. There are so many things to learn, one place will not teach it all. That is why it is a good idea to invest in other programs and learn different people's methods.

Where most people go wrong is that they jump from one program to another and never follow through on what the program teaches before they start looking for something else.

stefan1601
Trust:
James,
when you're commenting in a blog, do you use your keyword as name or do you use "visit this [link] for more info" kind of thing?

Personally, I've tried to follow the conversation in various blog in my niche, but once they went "deep" into the matter, I lost it (like how everyone discussing the method to use certain indicator to analyze the USD-JPY market or arguing about 101 terms in surgery for weight loss)

I learned my niche, but never went that deep. How do you overcome that problem?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
well first of all I am a blogger, so i am usually known on the blogs i comment on. when doing blog commenting, I look for comment luv enabled blogs. this adds a do follow link to the latest post on your blog with the title of the blog as the hyperlink text.

for example, check out this post on my blog, http://www.imrelations.com/how-far-will ... /#comments look at the comments. you willsee after the comments there is a link that says

Xyz person recently posted... link with post title..

stefan1601
Trust:
thanks for the info
I guess it only applied if you're a blogger? Is it possible to add my own achor text and link ?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I am not sure if it will work with sites other than a blog. However there is another that you can look for. Look to see if it says keyword Luv enabled. If so then they will link to a keyword that you enter rather than the name. I don't have that one on my blog, but I have been seeing it a lot.

I have heard some people teaching to use your keywords for your name, but this is honestly a fast way to get into the spam box. most bloggers wont approve your comments if you do that.

stefan1601
Trust:
Yes, I also throw any comment with name "luis viton handbag" or "backlink service" to trash immediately whenever they show up in my blog. However, I did see comments like that show up conveniently at various .edu and .gov sites.
Makes me wonder...
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
some places don't moderate their comments very well. personally I don't accept comments like that. come to my house, you not gonna trash it up.

jaaferqasem
Trust:
Very useful and valuable info.
I was just commenting on some blogs and thought that PR ranking 1 was the top! (though SeoQuake did arrange them in higher numbers 4, 3,2 ,1 .. etc so I had my doubts).
when posting my comment they ask for a method to put in my details and I clicked on
an option where I can put my name and my URL so when you click on my name, it will
take you to my website, would that work as a backlink?

James brought a good question I've been asking myself which is, where else should I go for more info?
Now that I know how affiliate marketing works, I have difficulties trusting people/product reviews so
I have no idea where should I seek more information to improve my business and keep it growing.
Any suggestions?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
There are still good sites, like affilorama to teach you the basics and get you started. i do recommend investing in a training program if you can. Mark's Affiloblueprint is one of the best for total newbies. it will save you hours of frustration, because it gives you a step by step system to follow. the free training here is great, and if you don't need the step by step hand holding, you can learn all you need to put together your own system in the free videos.

When it comes to blog commenting, yes, when you enter your information and leave a comment, it creates a link back to your site. although there are better ways to get links, there are not many that are easier.

cgray74
Trust:
This is a very good discussion. Thank you all for sharing your information.
cgray74
Trust:
This is a very good discussion. Thank you all for sharing your information.
scommetix
Trust:
Page rank is no longer used on for SERP. I suggest finding other ways of getting to the top of the search engines!

Best of luck!
Be the best !

http://bestbet.tips/

This topic was started on Jul 30, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.