Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

SEO woes with a broad niche

dale roberts
Trust:

SEO woes with a broad niche

HI...
So I'm trying to build a site around the self help niche... I'm finding it quite difficult to really boil it down to a sub niche. Its just so broad and hard to put good keywords into the articles. Maybe I am using phrases that are to long or something I dont know but-

I was thinking of attracting people in thru the relationship angle but then as some of the articles are hard to place keywords into them for that niche I was thinking of trying to find other keywords from other subniches for the tricky articles.
Would this be an ok way to go or am I kind of defeating myself before I even begin??? Oh I wish I wasnt a newbie!!!!

Dale
stefan1601
Trust:
What kind of keyword? For self-help niche you can always aim for the popular "how to ,,,," keywords. They can blend in the article easily and they are usually buying keywords.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I find that with self help focusing on the mindset aspects tends to work best. There are so many things you can do with the mindset that there are tons of topics to focus on.

you could focus on a specific technique, like journalling, or using affirmations, you can focus on a specific mindset problem like building confidence or self esteem. you could focus on something like the law of atttraction, or daily meditations. There are so many things that you can do with this niche.

I am also working on a blog where I cover the genralities, and funnel traffic through to my other sites on making money, relationships, and health related topics.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
It would be best to go to forums related to your niche so that you could find good keywords. You could target a specific problem/group (ie personal development for teenagers, for single moms, for those who are overweight, etc).
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Dec 13, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.