17 Jun 07 12:40 pm
Welcome to Affilorama I hope you enjoy your stay... :D
With regards to your question, Should you do PPC? or 90 day Plan for a website to succeed?
What you are talking about here is two different strategies, and both of them work just fine, with advantages and disadvantages for each, I will talk through these and really leave it up to you for where you would like to pursue your affiliate income.
:arrow: No Website Marketing:
There are tons of ways you can earn money without actually owning your own website and you touched on one of them PPC (pay per click) as long as you have a budget for the clicks and the sales page is converting for you this can be a good Tactic
1. Choose Best Affiliate Program
2 . Set up multiple Adwords with good affordable keywords
3. Test and measure results example: 100 clicks with 10c per click = $10 Advertising with adwords, 1 sale = $30 commission, $30(commission) - $10 (Adwords) = $20 Nett profit
Very simple tactic that works as long as you are deriving a profit, here are some other Non website marketing tactics :idea:
- Article submissions (Link straight to product)
- Forum Signatures (Affiliate link at the bottom of every post you do)
- FREE Classified Adverts
- Add link in Ezine News Letters
- Comment in other peoples blogs (Signature link)
- Offline marketing with brochure, Letterbox drop (only good for local website)
- redirect a purchased URL straight to a affiliate program
- Create an e-book with affiliate links give it to someone with a database for FREE as a gift
- Create a video for youtube with a watermarked URL that is redirected straight to an Affiliate program.
it's fast, easy, less time to complete tactics and marketing campaigns, test results very quickly, faster return of profit
You may only get a one off sale, no chance of repeat customer, No list building, No up sell, cross sell, repeat sell, no loyalty, No business branding etc
:arrow: 90 Road Map Plan
:idea: As per Affilorama lesson...
- Build your own website
- Add article content
- Add a forum
- Add a blog
- Add reviews
- Develop own branding
- SEO website
- Various other marketing campaigns
Build visitor loyalty, brand awareness, get repeat visitors, chance to cross sell, up sell, build a mailing list that you can market to later, Build an authority on a niche that people will remember
Takes longer to implement, return of profits can take a while, easier for people to give up just before it succeeds, higher budget maybe required.
There are so many different ways to run an affiliate program business, the key is to choose the best way that suits you, your budget, and the strategy that you are comfortable with.
The best of success