Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

SEO strategies when deploying a new site

PremiumMember
thumbdog
Trust:

SEO strategies when deploying a new site

Hi everyone,

I've got a few questions regarding "best practices" when deploying a new site and how best to get noticed by the search engines.

I'm trying to get ranked organically in Google. I have 25 pages created and I'm about to upload to my hosting provider.

Q1. Should I withhold, say, 10 pages, and upload these pages to the site over the next few week so that Google can see the site's growing organically?

Q2. If the answer to Q1 is yes, do I re-submit my xml sitemap (containing the new page) to Google each time I add a new page?

Q3. Regarding Google Analytics. Can I use just one account for all my sites, or am I required to apply for the analytics code to embed on each of my sites using an email from the site's domain?

Actually, now that I've written it here, it seems it would make more sense to create individual accounts not only for analytics, but for access to Google's webmaster tools also. Still, confirmation from the Affilorama community would be good.

Thanks for your help and sorry if these are noob questions.

Cheers

Mike
slvrsrfr
Trust:
Hi Mike,

1. If you're using Wordpress you can upload all the content and have it publish when you want, so you can have one piece of content posted every day. I don't think there is harm in publishing 10 to 30 pieces of content per day, although personally I don't normally do more than 2 or 3 per day as I don't want Google thinking my site is going to continue publishing at that kind of a rate.

2. I never submit my XML to Google. Wordpress will ping any new content that you publish and the spider will find you soon enough. I do use a Google XML sitemap plugin though.

3. One account is probably advisable and recommended in order to stay on top of things. At least that's the way I do it.

Hope this helps,

Jason
PremiumMember
thumbdog
Trust:
Thanks for your response Jason.
digiblue
Trust:
Just a quick tip if your using wordpress and your adding many pages of content over one day then disable pinging. Otherwise you can get banned very quickly from the ping networks if you are say, adding 30 articles in one day then that is 30 pings to the networks.

Turn it off and then either turn it back on when you post your last article or ping your site manually at pingomatic.com or use the Affilorama pinger.
PremiumMember
thumbdog
Trust:
Thanks for the tip digiblue...

Actually I'm using xsitepro. It has scheduling functionality that allows me to future date when I want certain pages to be uploaded to my site. It's pretty easy to create the pages and then set up a schedule as to when you want to post them to your site.
agraj2
Trust:
Hello,

it is good to make an XML sitemap if you are using google webmaster. They always use to ask you about, by sitemap search engine gets a good idea that how many pages there are in your website and later it can also index in top ten list. There are many XML sitemap generators, you can use them to create one, then just you have to upload it and rest search engines will handle.

This topic was started on Apr 18, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.