Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

SEO Fatigue - Any helpful tips?

nerodea
Trust:

SEO Fatigue - Any helpful tips?

Guys, I need some help.

I have been making a serious effort to do the SEO process on my own, and I am not sure if I am making the type of progress I should be. Here is where I am so far.

1. I submitted my sites to the search engines back in late september/ early October, and indexing began within two days. I had similar results with other major search engines as well.
2. I did initial optimization on all of my pages, and have added a site map, and blog to my site as well.
3. I have posted to several of the top tem blogs that were relevant to my site, which, within day, increased my link popularity in the major search engines.
4. I have used link metro, link market, and e-mail to exchange links with
PR 4 websites and above. (around 5 e-mails a day and 10-20 requests in link market)
5. I have submitted to hundreds of directories, mostly free. Some have accepted my link, and some have not.
6. Article submission (submitting my first article to goarticles.com today).

Here are the problems I have.

1. While I am being indexed in google for my site, I have yet to be iranked for my keywords.

2. While I know I am being ranked for my keywords in Yahoo and MSN , The rank is not within the top 100 for any of them.

What do I do guys? I know it only been a little over 10 weeks since I submitted my sites to the search engines. Am I doing something wrong? Should I keep doing what I'm doing? What should I change? Thanks for the help.

Nerode
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
10 weeks!! Give it least 30 weeks.... yes ... give it 6 - 8 months to start seeing rankings... you are doing fine. Get more good content and good backlinks to your site.

Adrian,
nerodea
Trust:
Thanks Adrian:

I think what is really getting me is the amount of link exchanges and directory postings I need to do at any given time. I have since automated my process. Let me ask you this guys.

1. How many link exchange request do you do with websites, before you get one that will return a repricol link.

2. How many submissions to free directories do you make before you get 1 that will post your website?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
1. Your response rate will probably be around 1/20 to 1/40. I was a bit surprised to find out that that's typical. Also depends on the quality of your site, what industry you're in etc etc.

2. Hard to say. I find with free directories, it's sometimes months after submitting that I get an email saying "Link Approved!". So just because you submitted to 100 directories today, doesn't mean you'll have 100 links tomorrow. It might take a few months, but eventually you'll have close to 100 links from them.

Keep slogging away, SEO takes time and persistance.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

nerodea
Trust:
Thanks guys.

So far, I have readjusted my link request based on these actions, and have continued to do SEO. Based on the info you gave me, my link popularity has gone up freom 105 to 170 in google within the matter of 4 days. This is good stuff guys, is there any other tips you can give me to helping me with this SEO stuff?
superaff
Trust:
I've just checked your site, and I noticed that you don't have h1 tag for your main keyword. It can help.

If you are targeting self defense products, you should have at least a h1 tag for this keyword, and maybe an h2 or h3 for secondary one.

Also, check for the related keywords on your home page, like that search engine will see your site as an expert site. See the LSI in Charles HEflin interview.

On page optimization is not so strong as before, but it is still strong. I mean that I am not a link maniac, but my sites rank well for my main keywords, and I only have a couple of links on my sites.

Onpage optimization is very effective.

I do use blogs intensively though.

Also, consider adding an affiliate program... that will increase your link popularity, and sales!

And don't forget to write and submit articles twice per week. Ezinearticles...
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

nerodea
Trust:
I am not sure what is meant by H1, H2, and H3 tags. What are these, and how do I set them up on your website?

This is the work I have done so far with my on-site SEO.

1. I have set up by basic meta tags (Title, keywords and description)

2. I have been careful to include my main keywords in my title tag and desciption tag.

3. I have started to add content to my pages, being sure to include my keywords for density purposes.

4. I have added a site map to my site.

5. I have added a blog to my site.

I am also hiring someone to clean up my HTML and give my site a sharper feel.

Obviously I am missing some serious components here. Any help on this would be much obliged.

P.S.. I am also doing the article marketing thing as well. How long did it take you guys before you really started seeing some results?
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
nerodea wrote:I am not sure what is meant by H1, H2, and H3 tags. What are these, and how do I set them up on your website?

This is the work I have done so far with my on-site SEO.

1. I have set up by basic meta tags (Title, keywords and description)

2. I have been careful to include my main keywords in my title tag and desciption tag.

3. I have started to add content to my pages, being sure to include my keywords for density purposes.

4. I have added a site map to my site.

5. I have added a blog to my site.

I am also hiring someone to clean up my HTML and give my site a sharper feel.

Obviously I am missing some serious components here. Any help on this would be much obliged.

P.S.. I am also doing the article marketing thing as well. How long did it take you guys before you really started seeing some results?

H1, H2, and H3 tags are html tags used for the most important keyword for that page. They are title tags and H1 is of the highest importance. So if you are going after "martial arts" you would use <h1>Martial Arts</h1> etc....

Give at at least 6-7 months to get ranked for whatever word you are going after.

Adrian,
nerodea
Trust:
Where should I place these tags? Should I place them in the html body at the header like my description, or what?

So for example my description reads...

<meta name="description" content="We sell self defense products such as stun guns, tasers, pepper spray, mace spray, spy and surveillance gear, self defense weapons and martial arts products for personal and family security.">

Would I place the html before my description...

<h1>Martial Arts</h1><h2>Self Defense</h2><h3>stun guns<h/3><meta name="description" content="We sell self defense products such as stun guns, tasers, pepper spray, mace spray, spy and surveillance gear, self defense weapons and martial arts products for personal and family security.">

or would I do it afeter my description....

<meta name="description" content="We sell self defense products such as stun guns, tasers, pepper spray, mace spray, spy and surveillance gear, self defense weapons and martial arts products for personal and family security."> <h1>Martial Arts</h1><h2>Self Defense</h2><h3>stun guns<h/3>

Or are they both wrong?

I want to fix this today, so any help would be great.

Nerode

P.S.

I also wanted to let everyone know that your advice has helped increse my link popularity in google from 105-186 in the matter of 1 week. It's still a long way from catching the #1 spot which is 3,160, but I'm slowly gaining momentum. Also, I recieved link exchanges from 8 relevant sites last week with PR's ranging from 4 and 5 (this is the highest rankings I have found for sites in my genre. Giving me a link average of 1 in 9. Thanks for the idea to automate my website linking. It is the bomb!!
:D
superaff
Trust:
< html >
< title>Martial Arts ...</title>
< body >
your h1 tag should be somewhere at the top left page of your site.
< /body >
< /html >

9 months ago I was a SEO dummy, actually, I didn't even know what was the meaning of SEO. I,ve read this SEO MAde EAsy ebook, and took brad Callen's ecourse, and now I know what I am doing.

You can read here:
"http://www.makemoneyonlinehow.com/SEO_madeeasy.pdf"
Last edited by sydney on 10 Feb 11 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed broken links

Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
superaff wrote:< html >
< title>Martial Arts ...</title>
< body >
your h1 tag should be somewhere at the top left page of your site.
< /body >
< /html >

9 months ago I was a SEO dummy, actually, I didn't even know what was the meaning of SEO. I,ve read this SEO MAde EAsy ebook, and took brad Callen's ecourse, and now I know what I am doing.

You can read here:
http://www.makemoneyonlinehow.com/SEO_madeeasy.pdf

Brad Callens book is very good for SEO basics. You can also rebrand the ebook for your affiliate link.

Adrian,
nerodea
Trust:
Wow. That was one of the most clear and concrete books I have ever read on SEO. THANK YOU!! Do any of you currently use SEO Elite? If so, what do you think of it? Also, how can I sign up for Brad Callen's e-course?
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
I own seo elite.... i just use it to check the backlinks of my competitors... that is about it. I say the most valuable info is in the e-book... the rest you need is here.

Adrian,
nerodea
Trust:
So would you recommend it for that, or do you think I should just leave it alone.

Also, do, I put my h1, h2, and h3 tags is my title meta tag, or is it in the html that cannot be seen before the description? In other words, my site is viewed html wise with Title, Keywords, and Description. Do I do this as title, keywords, h1 tag then description?

I am still a bit confused. Adrian, Superaff, if one of you could help me get a grasp on this concept by wither viewing the html on my home page that would be sooooo helpful. :cry:

Thank you

P.S. My site popularity is now up from 188 yesterday to 213 today. I'm catching my competition slowly but surely 8)
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
nerodea wrote:So would you recommend it for that, or do you think I should just leave it alone.

Also, do, I put my h1, h2, and h3 tags is my title meta tag, or is it in the html that cannot be seen before the description? In other words, my site is viewed html wise with Title, Keywords, and Description. Do I do this as title, keywords, h1 tag then description?

I am still a bit confused. Adrian, Superaff, if one of you could help me get a grasp on this concept by wither viewing the html on my home page that would be sooooo helpful. :cry:

Thank you

P.S. My site popularity is now up from 188 yesterday to 213 today. I'm catching my competition slowly but surely 8)

I would leave SEO elite for now... it's more of an advanced tool to really put to good use. Your h1 tags go in the body of your page.

-----------------------------------------------
<head>
<title>Your Title</title>
<meta name="Keywords" content=" ">
<meta name="Description" content=" " />
</head>

<body>

<h1>Your Main Keyword</h1>
etc....

</body>
------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian,
nerodea
Trust:
Got it. Here's another question.

Do the H2 and H3 go right after the H1?
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
No,

Anywhere is fine, although closer to the top of the page is better. All you really need is H1 and H2.

Adrian,
superaff
Trust:
Adrian is right: for h2 anywhere is fine: at the top, in the middle...

It is said everywhere that onpage optimization is not so important... I found it very effective in Google.

My sites are ranked very well in competitive markets and I don't do much link exchange. Actually, I have less than 20 reciprocals to any of my sites...

I do submit article, and blogging help a lot.

Nerodea, read this book, apply in the same time, get a lot of backlinks (articles, web directories, reciprocal with only relevant sites)

Also, watch the Charles Heflin/ Mark interview. I think LSI and siloing is the way to go.

I don't have the master plan yet, but I will consider it later on.

I'll be back in the self defense/Martial art niche soon. I've just found a good affiliate program.

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
On page optimisation won't get you rankings for very competitive terms, but it certainly helps. It will get you up the top of google and others with less link building than you would have to if your on page was rubbish.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

nerodea
Trust:
Hello Everyone:

I have placed the H1 and H2 tags unto my website. I hope they are in the right place :lol: . I have also changed my anchor text to be similar to that of the #1 sitefor my main keyword. I will continue to use this anchor text over the next few weeks, and see what it does for me. Anyway, for some strange reason, my link popularity appears to have gone down in google from where it was yesterday by 100! What's up with that? Maybe google is indexing my site? I don't know. I know they usually do this every day, but it usually goes up by around 12pm CST. Has anyone else had this experience?

On the up side, however, I see that my efforts are starting to bring in some interesting results for my natural traffic! I am getting, on average, 50 unique visitors per day!! This is a great increase from what I was gettin just last week (only about 10 per day). Amazing.

This brings me to my next question. I know that some of you have made it to the first page for some of your keywords. If it would not be too much trouble, I want to ask you all what exact things did you do to get to page 1 in the search engines?

I also wanted to know what you do on a daily basis to optimize your site, and get natural traffic?

Here is my SEO schedule so far...
1. Submit to 10 directories (PR3 and over) per day.
2. Do 10 link exchanges per day
3. Post of 5 directories per day. (I have 10 I post on, but alternate 5
every day.)
4. Some on Page Optimization.
5. I plan on article submissions, still haven't got there yet, but will post 1
today. (I will start by doing 2 perr week after this)

All this takes me about 4 hours per day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Is there anything I am missing? Am I missing any steps? Do I need to take something out? Everyone's help would be much oblidged.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
How many links does your main competitor have and what number of links are coming from a pagerank of 5+?

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Adrians right, how hard it is to get to google depends on your competitors, not google itself.

Ever heard of the two guys who were walking around the jungle? A tiger began to run at them from a distance. One guy started running, the other guy bent down and tied his shoes up properly. Why? He only needed to outrun his friend to survive.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
sean06 wrote:Ever heard of the two guys who were walking around the jungle? A tiger began to run at them from a distance. One guy started running, the other guy bent down and tied his shoes up properly. Why? He only needed to outrun his friend to survive.

What if the guy tying his shoes was a slow bugger?

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Thats why it pays to learn how to tie your shoes when you are little. That way, if you ever end up in this scenario, you won't have any trouble.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

superaff
Trust:
Good, I would like to exchange links with you! With my self defense website.

Another thing: Are you blogging yet? Blog helps a lot.

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
sean06 wrote:Thats why it pays to learn how to tie your shoes when you are little. That way, if you ever end up in this scenario, you won't have any trouble.

I meant a slow runner. lol

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Another reason we should all be exercising daily :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

nerodea
Trust:
Sorry I haven't posted for the past couple of days. My child is sick in the hospital, and I have had to tend to my family's needs. :oops:

On the up side, today I made my first sale from free traffic. Even though I haven't been able to do any of my regular tactics since Friday of last week!! This stuff really works. Mark if you ever want to use me as a test dummy for an e-commerce version of an affilorama website, let me know!!

Nerode
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
nerodea wrote:Sorry I haven't posted for the past couple of days. My child is sick in the hospital, and I have had to tend to my family's needs. :oops:

On the up side, today I made my first sale from free traffic. Even though I haven't been able to do any of my regular tactics since Friday of last week!! This stuff really works. Mark if you ever want to use me as a test dummy for an e-commerce version of an affilorama website, let me know!!

Nerode

Yes it does work!

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Nice work Nerode, good to see you stuck with it.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

nerodea
Trust:
I found out today that my efforts are definitely starting to pay off in google. I found out that I am starting to recieve page 1 rankings for some very specific keywords. For example, my e-zine is ranked #5 out of 1,490,000 sites for the term "free six day mini course", and #4 out of 144,000 sites for "free six day e-course", and these are just a few of many. Although all my pages are optimized, these terms are ones I have not even tried to optimize for, and I have recieved top page ranking already.

On the other hand, my main key words still are not showing up in the top 100. I wonder if I am missing something in my optimization efforts. I am in the process of doing the research efforts mentioned in Brian Callan's book, and hopefully this will help me increase some of my rankings. If anyone can ginve some advice on what to do to help me with this, pleeeaaase keep them coming.

I appreciate everything you all have done for me so far. Thank you all, and I will continue my efforts. I will continue to work hard and keep yoou all posted on my progress.

Nerode
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
nerodea wrote:I found out today that my efforts are definitely starting to pay off in google. I found out that I am starting to recieve page 1 rankings for some very specific keywords. For example, my e-zine is ranked #5 out of 1,490,000 sites for the term "free six day mini course", and #4 out of 144,000 sites for "free six day e-course", and these are just a few of many. Although all my pages are optimized, these terms are ones I have not even tried to optimize for, and I have recieved top page ranking already.

On the other hand, my main key words still are not showing up in the top 100. I wonder if I am missing something in my optimization efforts. I am in the process of doing the research efforts mentioned in Brian Callan's book, and hopefully this will help me increase some of my rankings. If anyone can ginve some advice on what to do to help me with this, pleeeaaase keep them coming.

I appreciate everything you all have done for me so far. Thank you all, and I will continue my efforts. I will continue to work hard and keep yoou all posted on my progress.

Nerode

If you are doing things to receive rankings for other words and are getting results I wouldn't stray too far and change stuff. Ranking for a broad term can take a long time. Just wait it out - it's a patience game. In the meantime, focus on making your site as good as it can be.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Nice work there, keep it up and youll be doing well in no time :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Don't sniff at the very specific keywords.... remember that if they're somehow related to your big keywords they'll help your rankings for those. Keep up the good work though, you're doing well!

Regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

nerodea
Trust:
I have checked one of my favorite free sites for finding out rankings on the search engines (sitereportcard.com). I have discovered that I am Finally starting to break into the top 100 for some of my major keywords in MSN!! Still nothing for my major keyowrds on google or yahoo yet, but I have begun picking up some other keywords, and my traffic has increased form fifty per day in natural traffic to about 80 per day in natural traffic. I also rank #1 out of 39,000,000 sites for the term "free 6 day e course". I don't know how popular this search term is, but I thought that this was pretty cool 8) .

I will keep you all posted on my progress as it arises. Thank you all for your help so far!!

Nerode

P.S. Does anyone know what's up with the MSN small business directory as well as DMOZ? For the past several months they have not been accepting new sites. Does anyone know if there is away around this?
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
nerodea wrote:I have checked one of my favorite free sites for finding out rankings on the search engines (sitereportcard.com). I have discovered that I am Finally starting to break into the top 100 for some of my major keywords in MSN!! Still nothing for my major keyowrds on google or yahoo yet, but I have begun picking up some other keywords, and my traffic has increased form fifty per day in natural traffic to about 80 per day in natural traffic. I also rank #1 out of 39,000,000 sites for the term "free 6 day e course". I don't know how popular this search term is, but I thought that this was pretty cool 8) .

I will keep you all posted on my progress as it arises. Thank you all for your help so far!!

Nerode

P.S. Does anyone know what's up with the MSN small business directory as well as DMOZ? For the past several months they have not been accepting new sites. Does anyone know if there is away around this?

Dmoz is working again. MSN is not.

Adrian,
nerodea
Trust:
Yes you are right. I just posted my site on DMOZ.

Also, does anyone know of any good software I can use that can help me submit the information needed for the directories quicker? I still want to do manual submission (mostly because I don't want to upset the search engines, and I want to be sure they go into the most relevant categories) However, Continuously putting in that information can be tedious, and if I could find a faster way, I may be able to increase my submissions. Thanks :lol:
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
nerodea wrote:Yes you are right. I just posted my site on DMOZ.

Also, does anyone know of any good software I can use that can help me submit the information needed for the directories quicker? I still want to do manual submission (mostly because I don't want to upset the search engines, and I want to be sure they go into the most relevant categories) However, Continuously putting in that information can be tedious, and if I could find a faster way, I may be able to increase my submissions. Thanks :lol:

I'm not too sure. Everything worthwhile takes time :) What directory list are you using?

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
You could get it outsourced if you still want to do it manually.

I submitted one of my sites recently to a couple hundred directories, let me tell you, I was getting good at typing up descriptions etc :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
sean06 wrote:You could get it outsourced if you still want to do it manually.

I submitted one of my sites recently to a couple hundred directories, let me tell you, I was getting good at typing up descriptions etc :)

1. CTRL + C
2. CTRL + V
3. Repeat

Adrian,
nerodea
Trust:
I wanted to update you all on my ranking situations. I just found out that I am on the first page of MSN for one of my major keywords!! :o

And to think... I was going to pay someone $1,000 or more to do it for me... BOY WAS I A FOOL (lol).

Unfortunately, I am still not in the top 100 in yahoo or google for this term. I don't know why this is (possibly the competition factor??? I don't know. ) Anyway, it looks like I'm going to have to keep on working on it. Any additional tips?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the directory submission software discussed in SEO2020? Is it worth the investment? People on the forum have been saying some good things about it, and i wanted your opinion. I also don't want to mess up a good thing, so if someone can attest to it's reliability, I might give it a whirl. Thanks
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
nerodea wrote:I wanted to update you all on my ranking situations. I just found out that I am on the first page of MSN for one of my major keywords!! :o

And to think... I was going to pay someone $1,000 or more to do it for me... BOY WAS I A FOOL (lol).

Unfortunately, I am still not in the top 100 in yahoo or google for this term. I don't know why this is (possibly the competition factor??? I don't know. ) Anyway, it looks like I'm going to have to keep on working on it. Any additional tips?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the directory submission software discussed in SEO2020? Is it worth the investment? People on the forum have been saying some good things about it, and i wanted your opinion. I also don't want to mess up a good thing, so if someone can attest to it's reliability, I might give it a whirl. Thanks

The fact that you are ranked on page 1 is a sign you are doing things correctly. There is NOTHING you can do to make your rankings appear faster in Yahoo or Google - absolutely NOTHING. You just have to keep doing what you already are and forget about the rankings. They will come. I personally have not heard about the directory submissions. I'll wait on someone for that.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Not to burst your bubble, but in the past I have had my site appear on the first page of MSN, then disappear a little while later, then sit at about page 3.

But hopefully you've done such a good job that it hangs around for a while :D
www.SixDayWeekend.com

superaff
Trust:
If you can outsource your directory submission, do it. I am doing that now, and it is a huge time saver.

I've heard about submit ease software. See if it is good for you. It's never a guarantee since I didn't use it.

There are aslo many people who can submit for you for $6 on digitalpointforum.

nerodea
Trust:
Today in google my link popularity has gone down dramatically. I have checked my link popularity with traffic Travis and my links are still there, but for some reason google appears to have stopped picking it up. It does not appear to have hurt my rankings, but I want to know if this is common.

Also, for directory submissions, I have found out that a great resource to use is roboform.com. It cuts my directory submission time in half. And, best of all, it's free.

Oh, and for lists Adrian, I use addurl.nu and seocompany.ca. They're the best. Do you know any other good directory lists?

Nerode
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
superaff
Trust:
You can have a look at info vilencer too. Just make a search in Google. It's good list and it is constantly updated.

PremiumMember
belgian
Trust:
That's probably

http://www.vilesilencer.com

To find an updated list of directories it's:

http://info.vilesilencer.com

At the top of the page you'll find the excell-file download.

Yeah, it takes some work, but adding your site to these directories is definitely worth considering.

belgian
Discover digital photography

nerodea
Trust:
My link popularity is still going down in google guys. I'm a little nervous, and I don't know what's going on. It's been like this for close to a week now. Has anyone had this experience in the past? Is this normal?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Is it just the number of links that are showing in google?

I wouldn't worry too much about this, as long as the links are actually still there. Google does weird things with its backlink check, I don't understand it completely.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

superaff
Trust:
Don't monitor your results on a daily basis, it's not PPC. Look month after month, otherwise you can go crazy...

Don't worry too much about what hapened yesterday. If it last for one week or two, it can be serious.

Just continue what you was doing.

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
nerodea wrote:My link popularity is still going down in google guys. I'm a little nervous, and I don't know what's going on. It's been like this for close to a week now. Has anyone had this experience in the past? Is this normal?

You are fine, if you are following proper techniques for SEO just keep doing what you are doing. Learn to focus on making your business the best it can be and gaining solid backlinks. Don't worry about what the Google updates are doing.

All the Best
Adrian,
nerodea
Trust:
My link popularity went back up in google. You were right guys. :roll:

You know what I think it was? I got a tool a while back from yahoo called submitnet.net. It was a very good tool when I was first trying to optimize my page, and I still use it from time to time, but, unfortunately, I forgot that it re-submits my site to google once a month. Each time that happens, it's like I'm starting all over agian with google. I have a feeling that I need to get rid of this tool, as I probably do not need it any more since all the major search engines are indexing my site.

It still seems like I've got a lot to do in the search engines, and it seems like i'm running out of directories to submit to. Also, I think I am ust about completely linked up with all the niche sites in linkmetro, linkmarketer, and linkmanager that I can use for right now. I am about to begin my efforts toward linking with the same sites my competition is linked to. I have already begun the process. Has anyone had any success using this method? So far, I have been tring and have had very little success outside of submitting to the same directories my competition is linked to. Any Ideas would be greatly apprecited. Thanks.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yeh, theres no need to submit your site to google anyway, so don't bother doing it every so often.

As for searching for link partners, once you get some PR this job becomes a lot easier, you'll find that people are emailing you for a link.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
nerodea wrote:My link popularity went back up in google. You were right guys. :roll:

You know what I think it was? I got a tool a while back from yahoo called submitnet.net. It was a very good tool when I was first trying to optimize my page, and I still use it from time to time, but, unfortunately, I forgot that it re-submits my site to google once a month. Each time that happens, it's like I'm starting all over agian with google. I have a feeling that I need to get rid of this tool, as I probably do not need it any more since all the major search engines are indexing my site.

It still seems like I've got a lot to do in the search engines, and it seems like i'm running out of directories to submit to. Also, I think I am ust about completely linked up with all the niche sites in linkmetro, linkmarketer, and linkmanager that I can use for right now. I am about to begin my efforts toward linking with the same sites my competition is linked to. I have already begun the process. Has anyone had any success using this method? So far, I have been tring and have had very little success outside of submitting to the same directories my competition is linked to. Any Ideas would be greatly apprecited. Thanks.

Don't beat yourself over the head so much. You are doing fine. Once you have linked up with partners in your niche... start to link to other family friendly sites that have some PR - there are thousands.....

Adrian,
superaff
Trust:
Wow, you are in a kind of guerilla marketing. I just started doing that as well too.

People in my niche request link exchange with my site. It's cool.

Be sure to add a contact form for potential link partners. (better to use one with script to avoid spam emails.)

nerodea
Trust:
Today I am planning to post my first article. I will post two per week From this point on. I wanted to know. If I post an article that I created on my blog, can I then post the same article in places like Goarticles, articlemarketer, and the like? Help on this would be great. Thank guys. 8)
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
nerodea wrote:Today I am planning to post my first article. I will post two per week From this point on. I wanted to know. If I post an article that I created on my blog, can I then post the same article in places like Goarticles, articlemarketer, and the like? Help on this would be great. Thank guys. 8)

Wait until it's picked up on your site first by the SEs.

Adrian,
nerodea
Trust:
The other day, I was given a PR 2 for my website, but the same day I recieved it, it was taken away. Has anyone had this experience before? Can any give me some advice on this dilemma.

Nerode
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
nerodea wrote:The other day, I was given a PR 2 for my website, but the same day I recieved it, it was taken away. Has anyone had this experience before? Can any give me some advice on this dilemma.

Nerode

Pagerank update - learn to live with it :)

Adrian,
nerodea
Trust:
Duely noted my friend. You know what I think I am going to do? I think that the optimization for my links page has not been done. I just found out that when you get link manager, you still have to optimze your pages. They do not do it for you. Therefore, what I am going to do is some on page optimization for that. Also, my alt tags were not on all of my pages at that time either. I just fixed that last night. I will se how this effects my PR.

On the up side, however, my website is recieving more traffic than ever before. I will keep up my work, and keep you guys posted. Thanks