Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

SEO comments from XSitePro

PremiumMember
gardener
Trust:

SEO comments from XSitePro

Hi

I am following the video lessons and am building my website in XSite Pro.

I am puzzled about the SEO analysys from XSitePro on my pages, and especially about the use of keywords.

The following recommendations are given

- The main keyword should at least appear once in either the Page title or in the website title.
- you should have the main keyword appear at least once in the headings on your page
- you should have the keyword appear at least once in the Links on your page

Now here is the content of the specific page. The Keyword title of the home page in this case is

Weight Loss and Diet Program Guide

for your info, I am promoting two products on this website, a diet program and a workout program so that is why I believe I can not name a product name in the title like WOW as example

Note This is not the full text of the Homepage which I believe is irrelevant, so I just copied the important parts like keywords and links so please do not pay attention to that issue, it is a draft which needs editing but I really want some views on the SEO comments because I do not understand them.

Thanks
Rob

Weight Loss And Diet Program Guide

Hi everyone,

I've set up this website as a helper to anyone who is looking for ways to lose weight and wants a Weight Loss and Workout Guide.

You probably want to be at a beach like on my Homepage and feel comfortable walking around there, but at the moment not really feel like it?

Many people find it hard to find the weight loss program which suits best for them.

Do you want to lose belly fat?

Do you want to lose pregnancy fat?

Do you want a healthy diet program?

Click here for the Fat Loss 4 Idiots Weight Loss and Diet Program

One of the things that you may have come to this site for is to look for a solid Weight Loss and Workout Guide to help you get there and find the right combination for you.

I have analysed various programs and also have been looking for a good combination of

* A Weight Loss Program
* A Diet Program

You'll find on my website numerous tips, insights, suggestions, designed to help you in the whole route of weight loss.

We will go through these programs individually.

The weight loss and diet program are combined in one program which is

Fat Loss 4 Idiots Program

This unique program is based on a calories shifting diet which can bring you result fast and easy and even can give great results in even 11 days.

The program guides you through it very easily and you will learn that the last thing you must do is stop eating or eat less or only eat salad and vegetables and carrots, as nice as they all taste but you need and want more than that.

No way !!! You will have 3 meals or more a day!!

Visit the Fat Loss 4 Idiots Program and learn more
jpastorizo
Trust:
Rob,

- The main keyword should at least appear once in either the Page title or in the website title.
- you should have the main keyword appear at least once in the headings on your page
- you should have the keyword appear at least once in the Links on your page

1. What is the keyword for your specific web page?
2. The keyword should at least be within your articles "Heading" or "Title"
3. What is the link of your web page? It should have the keyword in the link itself. This is considered to help your site on your SEO efforts.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

PremiumMember
gardener
Trust:
HI Renato

Thanks for your reply

1. The keyword is Weight Loss and Workout Program Guide which is also in the exact same words the Page title of this 1st page of the website

2. That indeed is something I need to edit because I was working on the website and edited here and there so what I did in Paint.Net is called Weight Loss and Diet Program.

I am not sure yet how to edit that but that I will find out.

3. my website is http://www.weight-loss-dietprograms.com/

Maybe a bit messy huh? But I love to learn how to upgrade it. I started the website with a combination of a dietprogram Fat Loss 4 Idiots and since having 30 articles on that is a bit much in my opinion I added a Workout Program which in fact is linked to the same issue.

Rob
jpastorizo
Trust:
Rob,

1. I checked out your site's page source and the title and meta keywords are okay.
2. The text on your header is not a problem. The Search Engine bots or any software cannot read that since that is an image text. You may want to update/change that for your visitors and not for any SEO purpose.
3. I think your site's background image is distracting. But that's just my opinion.
4. I don't know if you are done with your site but you have this text at the left panel "The text in this column can be edited quickly and easily by going to the Page Layout tab and clicking on the Designer button in the Left Panel section."
5. You have this text at your footer section "Your web site name here
To edit this text go to the Page Layout tab and
under the Header Panel Section click the Designer button.
www.yourdomainname.com"

Regards,
Renato

PremiumMember
gardener
Trust:
HI Renato,

thanks for the quick and detailed reply.

1. OK, so I can sort of 'ignore' the XSite Pro comments on that? I need to run it through Traffic Travis still.
2. OK Thanks, I probably will edit it.
3. You mean the Dark Blue part. I agree. When I started building I had to pick a design and this looked good but now I am further in the process it bothers me as also these white lines which appear. Can I still change this background? I would love to if that is possible.
4. I know, I needed to do that still so have edited it now, thanks.
5. Same thing.

Thanks very much
Rob
jpastorizo
Trust:
Rob,

Yes you can ignore the SEO comments or recommendations from XSP. I believe Mark mentions it in one of the vids. I think it si better to use Traffic Travis. TT is what I use to analyze the On-page SEO score of my pages.

Yes the white lines sticking out bothers the eyes and the blue is so intense that it actually strains the eyes. Yes, you can change the back ground. Just go to the "Page Layout" tab and then choose "Page Margins". Form there you can change or remove the image or just choose a solid color.

Regards,
Renato

PremiumMember
gardener
Trust:
I will do the TT and maybe post again here if I see anything sortlike.

About the background, I edited it already a bit, do you think this is better? It maybe looks somewhat empty but it is at least not distracting anymore I think.

I am not 100% satisfied with the colours yet. How can I edit the PaintNet part in the Main Panel Header, via Paint.net?

http://www.weight-loss-dietprograms.com/

thanks again
Rob
jpastorizo
Trust:
Rob,

The right side of the background is still the same.
Yes to edit the header you can use paint.net. If you have forgotten how to use it you can watch vid#2 of week 4.

Renato

PremiumMember
gardener
Trust:
Renato

That is odd because when I see it both the left and right side in the Page Margin are identical plain blue. Is it even possible that they have different backgrounds?

I will grab that video again yeah

Thanks
Rob
jpastorizo
Trust:
Rob,

Maybe the update on the site was delayed. Now it looks way better.

Renato

PremiumMember
gardener
Trust:
Thanks very much for all this !!

Rob
jpastorizo
Trust:
You're welcome brother. Always glad to help. =)

Renato

PremiumMember
gardener
Trust:
Oh Renato,

Thanks to your suggestions and advise and a few other things I picked up I got my TT ranking for the first few pages from D+ to B+ in less than an hour work, which is not good enough yet but I get the main picture now on what to do and how to do it and what to focus on. And am working on it still.

So also after having created a better - to me - Main Panel Header it all feels a lot better today.

Thanks
Rob
jpastorizo
Trust:
Good to know Rob. That should keep you going. Then when you make a sale it adds more fuel and you keep going again until you reach your goal.

Renato

This topic was started on Jul 16, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.