Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Riddle Me This

jcdean
Trust:

Riddle Me This

Ya know i just realized that I have bought enough PLR over the years to fill hundreds of blogs with content. Some of it is good PLR and some of it is poor quality.

I will never have time to spin this massive collection of eBooks and articles.

I was spying on the top sites on the Jet Pack niche that I am working on an noticed that a majority of the incomeing links are from web 2.0 properties that they own. Wordpress blogs, blogger blogs, squidoo lenses and what not.

In other words they have built their own net work.

So I was thinking that in my quest for world domination that I could use my massive PLR collection to build hundreds of web 2.0 sites all with links pointing to my blog pages, witch in turn all point to my money pages.

These blogs would all be duplicate content found elsewhere on the web but don't need to rank just need the Link Juice.

Then i could also keep submitting articles to UAW linking to my blog and to my network of 2.0 sites.

Then in a matter of days I would have a blog so juiced up that it would be like a black hole sucking profitable traffic from all corners of the web.

The question, what is wrong with my maniacal plan?

I a worried that it sounds too simple.

Will Google not give any value to a link coming from a 2.0 property that is duplicate content?
Respect,
JC Dean

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
The biggest problem is that some of the web2.0 sites dont allow duplicate content. Hubpages has a manual review team that specifically checks for that, and will block your account. You can use some, as long as you mix it up. I usually do 1 spun article and 1 original article each around 400-500 words long for each hub I build.

Also, using the dup content won't really hurt you, it just wont help as much. They wont rank the articles with the dup content, but really not sure if there is any less value placed on the links obtained that way. The jury is still out on that subject.

Best way to see if it will help is to test it out and see if your rankings go up. really though, the power of social media is not with posting content for backlinks. if that is all you want, then you may as well use article directories and splogs (spam blogs). the real power of using web2.0 properties is in the direct traffic they bring you, which means you have to take the time to network with people on those sites, and send traffic to your pages on their site.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

jcdean
Trust:
Thanks James, We can always count on you for some good advice.

The whole social media thing is just not for me. I think I will try the blog / Web 2.0 network thing.

I will keep using article directories as well.

I will let you know how it goes.
Respect,
JC Dean

jcdean
Trust:
Hey James question, or any one else.

I just filled a blogger blog with some of my better PLR I bought awhile ago on the warrior forum. It was intended to be a mini course but I turned it into a blog with ten post.

The question is that when you put a link in a blogroll widget will it be seen by the serps as one link from the blog, or several, one from each post as each post will have it's own URL
Respect,
JC Dean

PremiumMember
challer
Trust:
Each link does count separately (assuming all the pages get indexed). However, the actual location of the link is important; blogroll links do not seem to pack as much punch as contextual links. Additionally, each link you get from a site contributes less than the first one.

However, I do find that additional links from the same site/domain do indeed help. I have a blogger blog that has nearly 500 posts now, is well linked, and gets a lot of traffic. I know when I put a link on the side panel, (not contextual) the site I promote gets a huge SERP boost.

The key point here is that my blog is well linked and traversed which passes on a lot of link juice to my new sites.

On the other hand, if you throw up a blogger blog with no backlinks and stick a link to your site in the side-bar, I do not think the SERP boost will be significant. In fact, I think it would be hardly noticeable. I think you would get better results if you actually inserted links into the content of each post and then built links to the blogger blog.
jcdean
Trust:
Thanks Challer.

How to you link into you blooger blog? Article directories?
Do you link in to your main url or to the post?
Respect,
JC Dean

PremiumMember
challer
Trust:
You can link to it anyway you want just like you might build links for your own site.

I would not submit to article directories for a site like this; article directories sometimes get a lot of click-throughs. You want those people clicking through to your real site/landing page, not clicking through to a blogger blog you filled with PLR. That is a waste of good traffic.

You could link to both posts and the domain. I would at least link to each post to make sure it got indexed, and then from there I do not think it matters too much. If you plan on adding more posts to this site over time, it might not be a bad idea to throw some links at the domain.
jcdean
Trust:
Thanks man

From what you are saying it sounds like it would be better to make more domains on web 2.0 sites than one giant site.

I just started another blog at blog.com

My first link wheel is born!

I feel like a proud father with a new born baby.
Respect,
JC Dean

PremiumMember
challer
Trust:
Putting all your content on one blog and building up its authority or spreading it out content among web 2.0s can both be effective approaches for adding link power to your website.

My main point was that I would not use directories to build links to your web 2.0s. Anyone who happens to read those articles should be clicking over to your money pages, not to your web 2.0s that are providing links to your site.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
That is actually what I mean with web2.0 marketing. too many people just post content on the web2.0 sites and social sites, but never do any work to drive traffic to those properties. I submit articles to directories linking to my web2.0 sites as well as my own site, and do AMA submissions. I also optimize each one for different low search keywords..

I can target 10 web2.0properties for 10 different related keywords using similar content (spun PLR usually) and get each one ranking in search sometimes within a day or two of posting. this will increase the power of your links from those sites driving your rankings up.

I don't do "link Wheels" as much as basically creating my own mini web with all of my sites randomly interlinking and creating a web with my site at the center.

Some people say this kind of mini web hurts, but so far my own testing has shown that it boosts my rankings.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Nov 27, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.