Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Question about indexed duplicate content

malex86
Trust:

Question about indexed duplicate content

Once google has indexed an article on my page that was originally duplicate content. Could I reword the article (although it's years old) and have it re-indexed as original content and eventually rank up through the search results pages (there are hundreds of duplicate articles on my site as a newbie I copy and pasted the free articles in the affiliate backend for the seller)
faradina
Trust:
When a page has already been indexed, it does not get de-indexed unless you delete the page. If you replace the duplicate content with your unique content, make sure that it is of high quality and highly relevant to the keyword/topic so that it will get high ranking
malex86
Trust:
oh, so it's too late to edit the article to make it "original" I'd have to delete and replace it?
clarafaie
Trust:
No, you do not delete the page. And it's not too late to make changes to the article. Google likes pages that are regularly updated so just make the changes you want to the content and google will see the changes the next time it crawls the page. If you want to replace the whole article on the page, you can do so. But do not delete the page. Based on the quality and relevance of the new content, your page's rank could rise.
wollowra
Trust:
faradina wrote:When a page has already been indexed, it does not get de-indexed unless you delete the page. If you replace the duplicate content with your unique content, make sure that it is of high quality and highly relevant to the keyword/topic so that it will get high ranking

Love the new pic/avatar Fara..
Is it that sunny in NZ..lol

Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

faradina
Trust:
te-he-he-he..... Rather like a dragonfly, isn't it?
I'm in the Philippines right now and the sun can really get into your eyes here.

This topic was started on Nov 20, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.