Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Proof of domain age being good for search engine ranking

benlauren
Trust:

Proof of domain age being good for search engine ranking

Just finishing my lessons and building my links. Mark emphasises longevity of your web site is better, so I had a look around google and search "diet" as my site is diet based, and there was a site on the first page that looked like it hadn't been touched for at least a year, as it was basically a blog. Interesting.
Last edited by michellerana on 03 Jun 10 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

faradina
Trust:
Yes, domain age does play a significant role in getting SERPs and PageRank, but so does content. It's rather like liquor, getting better with age, but you must have good quality "ingredients" to begin with.
We would want to have all bases covered for better ranking all around and so while your domain is aging nicely, you also want your content to be of high quality and to be really relevant to your niche, and you would also want to continue building backlinks from relevant, good quality websites.
benlauren
Trust:
Yes, definately the work continues. It was just interesting. I will keep adding backlinks every day.
nilehadwards
Trust:
Yes, Domain age is also important for search engine.Mos of search engines looks many parameters of domain like age,title,meta keywords,keyword density etc..
jeniferflxs
Trust:
Yes domain age is an important factor for page rank.The older the more valuable will be the domain.When I buy domain names I look for the domain age by calculating from the created and expired date.For this I use WhoisXY.com.

This topic was started on Jun 02, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.