Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Problems with Directory Submitter Software

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:

Problems with Directory Submitter Software

I got the software but it does not work in firefox,apparently.It never connects.I sent a support ticket and they said to make internet explorer my default but I do not want to do that. I dont like IE?How can I use firefox and still use this software? I still have not been able to use it once!!
kiwikool
Trust:
I don't like IE either, :idea: But it's a good idea to have it to check that your own websites can be viewed properly in both browsers, Because alot of people still use IE and if they can't see your site, you won't earn commissions.

Not sure about Submitter

Matt 8)
Search & Review Products With http://www.somethingabout.com

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Outsource it? :)

You can get people to submit to directories for a couple of dollars an hour, depending on your situation, it might be worth doing this.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
What software are you talking about?
PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
Adrian - Do you mean Directory Submitter?

(Obviously such a luminary as yourself doesn't mean Firefox!)

Came with the June Affilorama Update - RTFM . . . . LOL

I have the same problem and I have tried IE as well.
It says the site is loading then says it's done and when I restart the program tomorrow, there has been no submission.

I checked with a few of the directories the next day and a couple of days later and could see no evidence to show I had submitted my site. My site stats don't show any change or links.

I have raised a ticket with the software producer as well - will keep you posted.
kiwikool
Trust:
I Was just about to purchase that software when this issue was raised :shock:

Let us know what the support say...That would be great

Thanks

Matt 8)
Search & Review Products With http://www.somethingabout.com

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Ahhh... that one... nope... I don't have any issues with it at all... wish I could help you out there.... that's what their support is for :)
PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
I got a reply - "Click twice left on the directory you want to submit to and it will open in the lower pane."

Jeeze! Hellooooo!
I attached a screenshot that shows the directory loading but no page change in the lower pane. (For it to be loading I must have clicked twice).

I went back to the helpdesk and the ticket I raised has vanished - they assume it was solved - (Ahhh if life was REALLY that simple) - so I raised another one (as Churchill said Never, never, never give up!)

Also I mentioned that the manual in pdf format says about filling out the menus but not what to do to submit it for listings.

So far the outcome is - if you are designing any software - give it free to Affilorama people to prove it out - they will put up with inane helpdesk responses without threatening violence on your staff .....LOL

Will keep you posted
PremiumMember
mimenta
Trust:
They say it is the free basic version clashing with the Gold version and I need to uninstall the lot then reinstall the Gold version.

I did as their instructions said to uninstall it and installed the Gold version anew but same problem.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Strange, my guy has no problems at all in using it. I wonder how many other people are having trouble with it.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world