Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Posts vs pages on wordpress...

goth_kitty_witch
Trust:

Posts vs pages on wordpress...

Going to make new site but unsure as to whether I should put my articles on as posts or pages. (I will definitely put the privacy policy and about me and contact us as pages - I am talking about the rest of my content such as articles.
I am using wordpress.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by goth_kitty_witch on 19 Jun 12 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikewaz
Trust:
Hi Kitty,

I've heard that ever since the Panda update some sites using that structure had been penalized. I still think it's the most logical way to organize a site but I'm gonna hold off a bit until I find out the whole story. Might be they were structured that way but had nothing but duplicate content, copyright issues, etc... When I find out I'll post my findings here.
marcobrandon762
Trust:
Choosing how you are going to have your website hosted will ultimately depend on what your requirements are and how you want them done. Most of the things that people forget to consider is to know which ones would work for you the best. It does not have to be something really important or something that should really be considered but at least something that would make you consider it to be worth while.
goth_kitty_witch
Trust:
marcobrandon762 wrote:Choosing how you are going to have your website hosted will ultimately depend on what your requirements are and how you want them done.

Hi Marco, I am using Wordpress, and have amended my original post to clarify this.
goth_kitty_witch
Trust:
Mikewaz wrote:Hi Kitty,

I've heard that ever since the Panda update some sites using that structure had been penalized. I still think it's the most logical way to organize a site but I'm gonna hold off a bit until I find out the whole story. Might be they were structured that way but had nothing but duplicate content, copyright issues, etc... When I find out I'll post my findings here.

Hi Mike, Are you talking about Panda or Penguin? I only got into internet marketing a year ago so I missed Panda - it is Penguin that hit some of my sites.

This topic was started on Jun 08, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.