Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Page analysis in Traffic Travis

PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:

Page analysis in Traffic Travis

I posted this a couple of days ago but may have it in the wrong area. When I use page analysis in Traffic Travis the article pages ( which I have given individual descriptions and keywords) are being compared with my index.php or home page. As a consequence the title etc of my article page is not analysed correctly.

Do I have to include all keywords and descriptions in the global site properties? It would become a large description!

My site is new and at this stage I have four articles on it and without asking for a review the site is
www. fatburning-guide.com

I thought the individual page would be analysed on their own merits.

Any help gratefully received.
sheepfarmer
Trust:
I believe that you will have to fix your permalinks. You can try it and see.
Give somebody a hug>> http://www.cafepress.com/artbyemily1

PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:
Thanks for the reply but I am pretty dumb at this stuff. What are permalinks?
sheepfarmer
Trust:
That is what they call them in wordpress. When you hit your page Sugar Levels in Blood this is how it looks fatburning-guide.com/page4.php where it should read somethimg like fatburning-guide.com/sugar-levels-in-blood.php

I am sorry that I will not be able to help you with fixing it though because I am sure it is a little different than Wordpress.
I do apologize if I have confused you even more because in all honesty I have only been at this for a couple of months.
Give somebody a hug>> http://www.cafepress.com/artbyemily1

PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:
Thanks for that. I have renamed the file names from say page4.php to sugar-levels-in-blood.php and if I search for that it comes up. The other pages also until I hit the home page and it reverts back to page7.php and so on. I am sure it is simple but.....
wollowra
Trust:
Have you installed the all-in-one-seo-pack ?

Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:
Hi Troy,
Have to show my ignorance again! Where do I find the all-in-one-seo-pack?
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Richie,
You can log into your wordpress panel and go to plugins on the left and then Install plugins at the top.

Search for all-in-one-seo-pack when it comes up on your screen you can click the install button on the right.
Then activate it.
This will give you a lot more options over your SEO and Keywords and also titles etc...

I hope that helps.. if not.. let us know.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:
Hi again Troy,
That probably explains why I didn't know where it was. I'm not using Wordpress.
Cheers
wollowra
Trust:
Oops, well that went off on the wrong direction didn't it...lol
Ok, I just checked traffic Travis and it works fine for me.
Can you be a bit more specific on what you are asking.
You need to put in the URL of each page you want to check and the keywords to the right..
For example...
www. fatburning-guide.com/index.php B+
www. fatburning-guide.com/sugar-levels-in-blood.php B+

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
richie32
Trust:
Well I am just a dumb Kiwi! Thanks for that Troy.

With a couple of changes I get two C+ and two B+ pages. They should be better as the word counts are way out on some pages, (only being credited with 44 word on one page when it is over 500) I have used H1 tags for titles yet this is not being recognised. I would assume that the free version of Traffic Travis I am using is as good as the pro for those things. Would the site build software affect the way TT analyses the page. I am using Serif WebPlus 10 which seems to do pretty much what xsite does.
I am calling it a day but thanks to you Troy and Sheepfarmer for your contributions. (I used to be a sheep shearer actually)

This topic was started on Dec 17, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.