Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Number Of Keyword Phrases?

kayespa
Trust:

Number Of Keyword Phrases?

Let's say I add a recipe for hot chocolate to a cooking blog. Pretend that these phrases have several monthly searches and have 4 stars in TT:

*making hot chocolate
*hot chocolate recipe
*hot chocolate recipes
*how to make hot chocolate

If "making hot chocolate" has the most searches and is deemed an easy target by TT, I would use that as the post title, an H1 tag and in the meta description, correct?

I would also use that phrase in the first 50 words of the post with at least 1% keyword density for the entire post, correct?

Since the other phrases are highly searched and are all deemed easy targets as well, do I use the other phrases in the tags area or in the post itself? Or does that dilute the main keyword phrase I need to target? I've never been sure how many tags to add to each post.

Does the H1 tag need to be near the top of the article?

Thanks in advance.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You could target "Recipes on how to make hot chocolate" and your page will show up when the searcher types in any of the 4 phrases above :)

KayeSpa wrote:If "making hot chocolate" has the most searches and is deemed an easy target by TT, I would use that as the post title, an H1 tag and in the meta description, correct?

I would also use that phrase in the first 50 words of the post with at least 1% keyword density for the entire post, correct?

Yes, you should use the exact keyword phrase on your page name, post title, meta keywords and description.

KayeSpa wrote:Since the other phrases are highly searched and are all deemed easy targets as well, do I use the other phrases in the tags area or in the post itself?

You use the other keywords in your article.

KayeSpa wrote:Does the H1 tag need to be near the top of the article?

Yes, H1 is like a newspaper headline. It should be on top, big, bold and obvious to the human eye.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

kayespa
Trust:
Thank you! That's a big help! Keywords have always confused me! I thought you needed to use the phrase exactly like it was written. Is there a tutorial around that describes exactly how to use keywords? I've looked and looked, but all I've ever really found just deals with how to pick keywords out.... they don't really go into detail about exactly what you need to do with the dang things once you get them. LOL

So, let me get this straight.... this be how the post looks?

Title: Recipes On How To Make Hot Chocolate

H1: Making Hot Chocolate

Add the post with "Recipes on how to make hot chocolate" in the first 50 words and a 1% density- also sprinkle the phrases "making hot chocolate," "hot chocolate recipe," "hot chocolate recipes" and "how to make hot chocolate" throughout the post if possible without looking stupid to your audience.

Add the phrase "Recipes on how to make hot chocolate" in the meta description.

Add only the phrase "Recipes on how to make hot chocolate" to the tag area.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You're welcome. KayeSpa :)

The tutorials on how to use keywords are found in Affiloblueprint.

Title tag: Recipes On How To Make Hot Chocolate (seen in the address bar)

H1: You can change your keyword phrase a little to make it read better

Meta Tags (keyword and description): Recipes On How To Make Hot Chocolate

Within the article: Recipes On How To Make Hot Chocolate (first 50 words, 1% density). The phrase will also target "making hot chocolate," "hot chocolate recipe," "hot chocolate recipes" and "how to make hot chocolate" so you don't have to make an effort to include these shorter phrases within your article.

Hope that helps :)
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

kayespa
Trust:
w00t! If you were a guy, I'd kiss ya! Thank you!

*runs off to study*

This topic was started on May 10, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.